Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Practice what you preach!

Columbus, OH

ProsSome coordinators allow you to take time off when it is needed. Care about the people I help. I am glad all of the staff is younger; I think it helps residents remember when they were younger.

ConsTheir philosophy is "promotions from within". I have never seen anyone promoted from within! Raises are based on favorites and players not your work or skills. I am sure any promotions that ever take place will be given to players and favorites too. They are very interested in having employees participate in events but most of the Managers are the only people are ever thanked. Coordinators make up their own rules and stories but write everyone else up, there is no room to defend yourself! High turnover and low pay! You never know what new rules will be posted next week because a coordinator had too much time to dream up another rule instead of getting up and helping like they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your pay rates and make sure everyone receives raises that are at least cost of living! Practice what you preach,keep your promises! Promote people from within, not just based on what an ED or coordinator says but based on the entire team. The coordinators that don't clock in should be more responsible for their events not everyone else; I've noticed some of them treated poorly. Coordinators shouldn't take advantage of the turnover situation and manipulate everything to fit their own agenda! No oversight of what is really going on in the homes! A few Managers in the home are the only people that really matter to Sunrise.

Gained experience though not a place to grow

Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: Initially it was good experience with team members and management that… Cons: Poor rate of pay for the amount/ nature of work. Inconsistent pay scales. Fairness issues with manager- ie. For new members of coordinator staff- received… Advice to Senior Management: Sunrise needs to be more thorough before they hire management to lead their communities. Bringing in a new manager who cleans house and looks for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Senior management is terrible and many good employees have left because of bad treatment and rudeness from the senior te

Concierge (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: For me it was convenient to my home and I… Cons: No communication between upper management and employees. So many new… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together and stop hiding from corporate people. What corporate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle . All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.