Sunshine House

www.sunshinehouse.com

Good and bad

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsThe actual job was great. It was fun working with the kids. It was a clean and well run daycare.

ConsThey asked us to work "voluntary" events for the company without pay. They said it went on our employee record and would help determine if we should get raises or not, but they didn't mention that there was a 5 year long (and still going) wage freeze. When the clothing washer broke, they asked the staff to take home the daycare's laundry to do on their own time. Also, management told me that teachers in certain rooms are not considered for higher positions because they were too hard to replace.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about the lack of planning time and the true student/teacher ratios. It's a bigger disappointment and upsetting when you find out it's not true.

Absolutely horrible end to a long career!

Management (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sunshine House full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Previously great working atmosphere, NOT the company it was. … Cons: Low pay, continued reduction of benefits, overworked employees. Decision makers… Advice to Senior Management: This company needs middle management and senior management that understand that a service industry is people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Workplace atmosphere could be a lot better

Assistant Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

I have been working at Sunshine House full-time for more than a year

Pros: The ability to make a difference in a child's life Cons: Lack of support from management More

There are newer reviews on Sunshine House.

Worked for Sunshine House? Contribute to the Community!