Good and bad

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Sunshine House full-time for more than a year

Pros

The actual job was great. It was fun working with the kids. It was a clean and well run daycare.

Cons

They asked us to work "voluntary" events for the company without pay. They said it went on our employee record and would help determine if we should get raises or not, but they didn't mention that there was a 5 year long (and still going) wage freeze. When the clothing washer broke, they asked the staff to take home the daycare's laundry to do on their own time. Also, management told me that teachers in certain rooms are not considered for higher positions because they were too hard to replace.

Be honest about the lack of planning time and the true student/teacher ratios. It's a bigger disappointment and upsetting when you find out it's not true.

Other Reviews for Sunshine House

Absolutely horrible end to a long career!

Former Employee - Management  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sunshine House full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Previously great working atmosphere, NOT the company it was. A "restructuring" w/out original owners has decimated this company

Cons

Low pay, continued reduction of benefits, overworked employees. Decision makers don't care about people....only @ cutting costs & making $.

This company needs middle management and senior management that understand that a service industry is people based, NOT dollar based. Be happy with less profits and providing excellent service with good reputation

Workplace atmosphere could be a lot better

Current Employee - Assistant Pre-K Teacher  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Pre-K Teacher in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Sunshine House full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to make a difference in a child's life

Cons

Lack of support from management

There are newer employer reviews for Sunshine House.

Worked for Sunshine House? Contribute to the Community!