Sunstone Hotel Investors
www.sunstonehotels.com Aliso Viejo, CA 50 to 149 Employees

They pass up employees with more skill and desire

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsI felt appreciated as an employee. Upper management frequently prasied my hard work and I felt like I was a valued team member for the most part. I liked that we got reviews on time when we were due for them and felt that the raises they gave were appropriate.

ConsWhile they say they believe in promoting from within the company, they screwed me over more than once for a position that I was well qualified for. They let the employee who was leaving change their mind and comeback and no one told me about this until 4 weeks later, when I had already heard just through gossip. This employee was eventually fired, by the way...

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within and foster a learning environment for people who want to grow within the industry!

Difficult times at a REIT

Manager (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sunstone Hotel Investors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some nice properties in the portfolio, Managerial bonuses were good. More recently the… Cons: I worked for a property the REIT owned/managed, and while SOX compliance kept an invisible wall between the operator (at the time, Sunstone Hotel Properties)… Advice to Senior Management: Learn from circa-2008 mistakes and make shrewd real-estate investments, not risky ones. Don't let the value of the land/building be the only factor when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Penny-wise and Pound Foolish

Manager (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sunstone Hotel Investors full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Properties had autonomy over day-to-day operations. -Line level employees were treated well when supportive local management was employed. -Good bonus scheme for management. -Benefits package was… Cons: -When contractors were hired by the corporate office to complete projects, they were often unprofessional and didn't have a specific scope of work to be… Advice to Senior Management: I'm glad the management contract for this property wasn't continued and Sunstone's Management business was absorbed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sunstone Hotel Investors.

Worked for Sunstone Hotel Investors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunstone Hotel Investors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunstone Hotel Investors CEO Ken Cruse. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunstone Hotel Investors employees.