Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

www.supermicro.com
  www.supermicro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

Systems Engineer

I have been working at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

Pros

No tough tasks, without much stress..

Cons

OT, culture, not very good senior management

77 Other Employee Reviews for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (View Most Recent)

You have to be super stress resistant or a super ass kisser to survive here

I worked at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good products in the business
    -pay is ok if you sell yourself well
    -free breakfast (yeah...)

Cons

-No management style, no company culture, no respect from some Taiwanese who sit high. some horrible people get their way around coz they are close to the top management, they follow orders very well and only say yes to the big boss. management doesnt deal with the internal problems as they only focus on turnovers. money is everything they care about.
    -Internal communication and "coorperation" is the worst i've ever seen. you wanna get your things done? beg! pretend to be the horrible people's friend!! or you have to have the top management's agreement before you go to the specific person. pure bureaucratic company.
    -Bad (English) communication among the Taiwanese, they don't know how to talk proper English, and they don't know how to treat their colleagues, act like uneducated.
    -They steal distributors' customers away from the channel.
    -Lack of personal development opportunities

Learn how to manage, how to treat your employees well and equally, how to be a CEO or manager. Don't just use people you know, they might not be the suitable candidate at all! And learn English better !!!!!!

I wished I listened to others (review mainly due to having a questionable manager)

I have been working at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

Pros

Free bagels and Chinese pastries each morning.
    CEO is excited and communicates to almost everybody each week.
    Currently, hours are not that bad -- over time if you deal directly with China/Taiwan based employees.

Cons

Manager relationship - I cannot confirm or re-affirm instructions/directions with my manager - I merely do as he says.
    Manager's reputation around the company.
    No financial quarterly meeting with employees - I wish I knew how the company is doing from the CEO's own words.
    Family-style management - as in upper managers are related to the CEO.

While the CEO is excited about increasing sales at almost every employee meeting, no clear strategy or vision (not clear enough).
    Managers play an important role in building employee morale relationships - start having a 360 feedback system where employees can rate managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

Worked for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)? Contribute to the Community!