Super Supplements

www.supersup.com
  www.supersup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Super Supplements

Poorly trained managers who are ineffective

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Super Supplements full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Training about supplements by vendors, discount when buying products, some great co-workers, helping customers solve their issues.

Cons

The sale to Vitamin Shoppe resulted in more of a corporate rigid feel. Benefits with Vitamin Shoppe resulted in greatly reduced alternative medical care coverage, plus some of my practitioners wouldn't deal with the new insurance company! That's what happens when the share holders are more important than the employees! So much for walking the talk.

Train your managers better. Have them get HR involved when employees have complaints. Ask the sales associates periodically how their managers are doing, so you can deal with problems of ineffective managers., or when managers just don't deal with things. Get rid of the lazy employees so that the good ones just don't leave out of frustration. Check back in with employees who have been injured on the job, and may have lingering or aggravated issues and make sure to properly accommodate them. Update your sales associate job description to include may have to work 2 weeks a month removing product from the shelves, dusting product, cleaning shelves, and putting product back- not everyone wants to do that.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Super Supplements (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Super Supplements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount, vendor trainings are well done, that is about it.

Cons

George Town office poorly run by people who have no clue how retail works. Extremely poor upper management. HR does not take complaints seriously.

Stop hiding behind your catch phrase "assume positive intent" and start holding people at the home office as accountable as the management on the front lines.

Look Elsewhere

I worked at Super Supplements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My peers were great to work with.

Cons

I would get into the cons, but I know there'll be some lame rebuttal from the company explaining how I'm wrong, my opinion is skewed, what a good company they are to work for and that they're all about their employees - so I won't even bother.

I will at least state that if you want to work for a place that's smaller and independently owned and operated, this isn't the place for you. It's corporate. It's corporate in every sense of the word and with all of the garbage and politics that go along with that.

There are newer employer reviews for Super Supplements