There are newer employer reviews for Supercuts

A good starter job

Current Employee - Hair Stylist  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Hair Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Supercuts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Consistent hours, base pay, commission on all you sell and do (althought it's small)

Cons

Base pay should be more than $8 an hour for a licensed position. Particularly with how many haircuts we do some days. I may only do 5 haircuts on Tuesday but I'll probably do 15 on Saturday. And because Tuesday was so slow, our "sliding scale" hourly pay is pretty difficult to move up on.

Gossip needs to stop. Stylists opinions should be taken more seriously and professionally rather than personally. Upper management (out of store) should take more time to praise than to constantly micro manage and scrutinize.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Supercuts (View Most Recent)

Horrible

Former Employee - Hairstylist  in  La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Supercuts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training. Other then that everything is whack and if you work your butt off here you my as well work at a fast-food they probably pay better.

Cons

When I got hired I was happy. I even turn ulta down for their Job position. I was also told that if I ever moved transfer will be easy process. LIES!! They let me go after I told them I have to move. I tried contacting the manager who told me to let her know where I am moving to and they will try to help me find a placement there. After they lure me in to sign my resignation letter I try to contact the manager again after I found out and she totally ignore me. I am not mad I'm feel kind of relief they let me go because with the amount of money they pay hourly 9$$ to stand all day hella NO! is not even worth me working for them. The place seems like a JOKE! Definitely not for me. THEY WILL WORK YOU LIKE A MACHINE. ALL YOU ARE TO THEM IS JUST ANOTHER ROBOT. They will replace you at anytime especially because there is so much newbies who are desperate for experience.

PLEASE Handle situation more professionally next time when it comes to your employee. They are the people that make supercut what it is at least respect them a little.

Excellent training. Better training than cosmetology school.

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Stylist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Supercuts full-time for more than a year

Pros

District manager was thoughtful and an honest mentor that cares about employees. You can be yourself in the workplace. Co-workers and clients were enjoyable. I got time off when I needed it.

Cons

There is almost no chance for promotion. Forget having a set schedule. You will probably have to work nights, weekends, and holidays.

There are newer employer reviews for Supercuts

Worked for Supercuts? Contribute to the Community!