Superdrug

www.superdrug.com
  www.superdrug.com
There are newer employer reviews for Superdrug

my experience of superdrug

I have been working at Superdrug part-time

Pros

as staff you have great benefits; 30% own brand discount and 10% brand discount, free samples, points card - as a student this has been so helpful. You are also able to join the superdrug benefits scheme who email you every week with new offers like 8% cashback at x, y & z and money off next time you shop at etc.

Cons

I've never met my area manager; this isn't good enough. We aren't offered enough training, specialist training - it's great if you want to work with make up or medicine but that's about it; I'd make a good vitamins specialist or a hair specialist, there isn't enough emphasis on this. My rota's have been changed without my knowledge way more than 5 times in the last year, it only takes one phone call, and i know this happens to other staff.

Train us. Give staff specialities if they have been with you longer than a year; I don't want to be a make up consultant, but whilst I work at superdrug I would like to get to really know something about a section in detail; the current programme isn't good enough - you take a book home and answer a page of questions? I learnt nothing from this. Staff should know their managers - I don't even know who my area manager is, we never meet these people that shape our career at superdrug yet it's our tidying, customer service etc that is criticised when they turn up to look at a shop at 7am in a morning or half way through the day. Mystery shopper? What a shambles - this needs to be scrapped and something that actually works brought into place, like random customer surveys? get a bigger picture of how we work before we are dressed down, rather than take the results from one person who has probably made it as hard as possible for us to achieve a good result. If we are going to be criticised for not talking to every customer we have, then why have we not got a meet and greeter at our doors? who also asks about points cards at the same time?

32 Other Employee Reviews for Superdrug (View Most Recent)

Fantastic

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in London, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good support from store manager and area manager.

Cons

Company needs to put more effort in training and staff retention.

To support more staff in training and also involve them in discussions and group/staff meetings for better input based on their experiences.

pleasant to work for

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Newton Abbot, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Newton Abbot, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff are very friendly, get good staff discounts all round pleasant experience.found the tills quite easy to use, takes a bit of time to get use to all the different perfumes and learning where everything goes but, the staff were always happy to help if unsure about anything.

Cons

Didn't find any cons enjoyed my time there.

There are newer employer reviews for Superdrug