There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

It was a challenging environment

Current Employee - Media Consultant  in  Henrico, VA
Current Employee - Media Consultant in Henrico, VA

I have been working at Supermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GReat Flexibility on the job

Cons

mirco management in the work place

310 Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia (View Most Recent)

Not for everyone. Don't be fulled by uncapped commissions

Current Employee - Telephone Media Consultant  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Telephone Media Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Supermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Established company. Has many customers that have been using their advertising products for over 10 consecutive years or more.

Company closes at Christmas time and doesn't open again until after New Years.

You can make decent money if you're good at up-selling your current client base that is given to you. (Decent if your single, without any major debt obligations)

Cons

Unrealistic new customer acquisition goals. They only want 1 new customer sold each week, but in the Irving office. I was one of the top 20% of new customer sales and I was not hitting that objective.

Management is old and not up with the times. They are teaching old sales tactics and other than helping their outside sales by giving them IPads to look more "sexy" that's about all the help they have done to catch up with the times.

Product fulfillment is TERRIBLE!!! This has probably got to be the worst. Whether you sell a web site, a pay per click package, or a social media package...the fulfillment makes the customer very irritated. This is because fulfillment is slow, and more often than not something is done wrong and to get their problem resolved takes at least a week if not more.

They change their compensation plan a lot. They changed it 9 times in my 4 years there. Crazy right? Most of the time it didn't really effect how much money I was making, however 1 comp plan change helped me make more money actually, but depending on how they change it would mean you have to make changes on how you're doing this. I put this as a con, because changing the way I make money so often is not a good thing.

Out with the old and in with the new. I have seen young sales managers with much more impressive sales teams out perform the old timers both on inside and outside sales. Both of those young sales managers are now gone...There was a reason those young sales managers were succeeding, it's because they weren't relying on old tactics to succeed, they were always thinking outside the box and consistently looking for ways to improve. In summary - Quit keeping people around just cause they have been with the company for 20-30 years. They are not beneficial anymore nor do they have the drive and creativity of the 25-35 year olds you let go off to other companies.

Once great but economy and public's preference has had an impact

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Supermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers were amazing sometimes, banded together to get through difficult objectives

Cons

Corp. disconnect from reality - ivory tower syndrome

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!