Supermedia

www.supermedia.com
  www.supermedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

It was a challenging environment

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Henrico, VA
Current Employee - Media Consultant in Henrico, VA

I have been working at Supermedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

GReat Flexibility on the job

Cons

mirco management in the work place

315 Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia (View Most Recent)

Awful- not what I was told in the interview! Don't accept the Job if given the opportunity.

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Supermedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

learned a lot about the industry in a short time to advance my career outside SM.

Cons

Poor Management
    Awful Product
    Terrible Customer Service/Back office
    No support from management
    They hired 25+ people in Feb 2012 and by Aug 2012 only 5 were left. They either fired people or people left the company. Some didn't even have another job lined up- they had to get out though!

Improve the product! Add more social media and pay your MC more than below average starting salary in their area. SM has a bad name and not only will people buy from you but you're not even paying your MC's a good salary.

Not for everyone. Don't be fulled by uncapped commissions

Current Employee - Telephone Media Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Telephone Media Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Supermedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Established company. Has many customers that have been using their advertising products for over 10 consecutive years or more.

Company closes at Christmas time and doesn't open again until after New Years.

You can make decent money if you're good at up-selling your current client base that is given to you. (Decent if your single, without any major debt obligations)

Cons

Unrealistic new customer acquisition goals. They only want 1 new customer sold each week, but in the Irving office. I was one of the top 20% of new customer sales and I was not hitting that objective.

Management is old and not up with the times. They are teaching old sales tactics and other than helping their outside sales by giving them IPads to look more "sexy" that's about all the help they have done to catch up with the times.

Product fulfillment is TERRIBLE!!! This has probably got to be the worst. Whether you sell a web site, a pay per click package, or a social media package...the fulfillment makes the customer very irritated. This is because fulfillment is slow, and more often than not something is done wrong and to get their problem resolved takes at least a week if not more.

They change their compensation plan a lot. They changed it 9 times in my 4 years there. Crazy right? Most of the time it didn't really effect how much money I was making, however 1 comp plan change helped me make more money actually, but depending on how they change it would mean you have to make changes on how you're doing this. I put this as a con, because changing the way I make money so often is not a good thing.

Out with the old and in with the new. I have seen young sales managers with much more impressive sales teams out perform the old timers both on inside and outside sales. Both of those young sales managers are now gone...There was a reason those young sales managers were succeeding, it's because they weren't relying on old tactics to succeed, they were always thinking outside the box and consistently looking for ways to improve. In summary - Quit keeping people around just cause they have been with the company for 20-30 years. They are not beneficial anymore nor do they have the drive and creativity of the 25-35 year olds you let go off to other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia