Supermedia

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

Overall OK. Not great in 2011

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Supermedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

IT shop has a lot of highly skilled and motivated employees

Cons

Silos were strong when I worked there. Lots of changes have happened since I left, so culture could be very different.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia (View Most Recent)

Awful- not what I was told in the interview! Don't accept the Job if given the opportunity.

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Supermedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

learned a lot about the industry in a short time to advance my career outside SM.

Cons

Poor Management
    Awful Product
    Terrible Customer Service/Back office
    No support from management
    They hired 25+ people in Feb 2012 and by Aug 2012 only 5 were left. They either fired people or people left the company. Some didn't even have another job lined up- they had to get out though!

Improve the product! Add more social media and pay your MC more than below average starting salary in their area. SM has a bad name and not only will people buy from you but you're not even paying your MC's a good salary.

Be careful of who you work for, Totally micromanaged, down to call cold, door knocking by the hour.

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Supermedia full-time

Pros

Generous health insurance and dental benefits. Good 401K, sales job with a salary, benefits, and expenses, opportunties to transfer to other areas of the country if that is of interest. Will hire people without a college degree.

Cons

Company's flagship product, Verizon Yellow Pages, is a contracting, dying product, so every day is like musical chairs, except it is with your job. Advancement opportunties almost always meaning moving to another market. A major job of sales is to avoid being negative in sales, but the bulk of sales is in a dying product. They do have a set of nice online packages, but many other businesses are doing similar things. They are in the process of merging with Dex Media and have recently closed several offices in Florida with little notice. It is a really tough sale.

If your goal is to push people out, then you are achieving it successfully. Some bosses are good and knowledgeable, others are useless. Four managers in our office left (quit or transferred) to avoid upper management's negative, bullying attitude.

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia