Supermedia

www.supermedia.com

Good gig if you're under 30 or never worked in Sales. If not, run in the other direction - quickly!!!!

Outside Media Sales (Former Employee) Marlton, NJ

Pros- Good health benefits from day 1
- 8 week training salary in addition to your regular salary
- Good mileage reimbursement

Cons- The kings of micro-managing. You will be monitored every hour of the day. You will have team meetings EVERY day, regardless of where you commute from and what territory you're covering.
- Most of the managers are in desperate need of management training program.
- Majority of the customers hate the company, and a quite a few will do anything to avoid meeting with you at renewal time (how's that for customer relations?!?)
- Bloated income expectations (you'll hear all about the the reps who make $100k plus (Don't believe the hype, as that is less than 20% company wide and most of them have been there over a decade)
- Paperwork and systems are horrendous. I've been in Sales for 20+ years and never worked for a company with such horrible back office systems.
- Admin support is hit or miss.
- If you believe nothing I say, do your homework. Read the news, connect with employees on Linked In or Facebook. Caveat emptor!

Advice to Senior Managementnone - they're not going anywhere and most could care less

Overall OK. Not great in 2011

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Supermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: IT shop has a lot of highly skilled and motivated… Cons: Silos were strong when I worked there. Lots of changes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awful- not what I was told in the interview! Don't accept the Job if given the opportunity.

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

I worked at Supermedia full-time for less than a year

Pros: learned a lot about the industry in a short time… Cons: Poor Management Awful Product Terrible Customer Service/Back office No support from management They hired 25+ people in Feb 2012 and by Aug 2012 only 5 were… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the product! Add more social media and pay your MC more than below average starting salary in their area. SM… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Supermedia.

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!