There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

If you have conscience, do not work for this company.

Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Supermedia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is good if you lack ethics! From the 2 month brainwashing, I mean training to the "do whats right for the customer" but sell them what we tell you to, it is a Hypocritical sinking ship.

Cons

Management lie to the employees going as far as creating bogus surveys & hiding the real ones showing how unhappy everyone really is. The company was a good one when it was Verizon, & even in the Idearc years it wasn't a bad place to work, but as the massive decline in yellowpage use occurs, the requirements & workload go up while decreasing your pay & benefits. I was a top performer & saw my annual pay decrease 20% each year over the last 4 years. Benefits are awful though they promise you the world. Management also covers up physical abuse & sexual harassment of employees. If you talk, you lose your job, so most good people quit.

Advice to Management

Please stay on your ship so you an go down with it. Bon Voyage, & stop taking hard working small business' money. This program made me give you 1 star.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good gig if you're under 30 or never worked in Sales. If not, run in the other direction - quickly!!!!

Former Employee - Outside Media Sales in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Outside Media Sales in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Supermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good health benefits from day 1
    - 8 week training salary in addition to your regular salary
    - Good mileage reimbursement

Cons

- The kings of micro-managing. You will be monitored every hour of the day. You will have team meetings EVERY day, regardless of where you commute from and what territory you're covering.
    - Most of the managers are in desperate need of management training program.
    - Majority of the customers hate the company, and a quite a few will do anything to avoid meeting with you at renewal time (how's that for customer relations?!?)
    - Bloated income expectations (you'll hear all about the the reps who make $100k plus (Don't believe the hype, as that is less than 20% company wide and most of them have been there over a decade)
    - Paperwork and systems are horrendous. I've been in Sales for 20+ years and never worked for a company with such horrible back office systems.
    - Admin support is hit or miss.
    - If you believe nothing I say, do your homework. Read the news, connect with employees on Linked In or Facebook. Caveat emptor!

Advice to Management

none - they're not going anywhere and most could care less

2. Overall OK. Not great in 2011

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Supermedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IT shop has a lot of highly skilled and motivated employees

Cons

Silos were strong when I worked there. Lots of changes have happened since I left, so culture could be very different.