Supermedia

www.supermedia.com

Just run the other way. You don't have to trust me. Run.

Former Employee - Media Consultant  in  Marlton, NJ
Former Employee - Media Consultant in Marlton, NJ

Pros

Benefits. Thats it. Oh, and nice kitchen

Cons

I could write a book but: Bad Business, Super Micro Managemet, horrible managers, the worst pay, just a bad company all around, never worked so hard for so little money, they will burn you out, thankless job, the paperwork is ungodly, they treat business owners like a slab of meat. I feel bad for the business owners

take a management course, read a book, get a clue

Other reviews for Supermedia

If you have conscience, do not work for this company.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The pay is good if you lack ethics! From the 2 month brainwashing, I mean training to the "do whats right for the customer" but sell them what we tell you to, it is a Hypocritical sinking ship.

Cons

Management lie to the employees going as far as creating bogus surveys & hiding the real ones showing how unhappy everyone really is. The company was a good one when it was Verizon, & even in the Idearc years it wasn't a bad place to work, but as the massive decline in yellowpage use occurs, the requirements & workload go up while decreasing your pay & benefits. I was a top performer & saw my annual pay decrease 20% each year over the last 4 years. Benefits are awful though they promise you the world. Management also covers up physical abuse & sexual harassment of employees. If you talk, you lose your job, so most good people quit.

Please stay on your ship so you an go down with it. Bon Voyage, & stop taking hard working small business' money. This program made me give you 1 star.

Good gig if you're under 30 or never worked in Sales. If not, run in the other direction - quickly!!!!

Former Employee - Outside Media Sales  in  Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Outside Media Sales in Marlton, NJ

Pros

- Good health benefits from day 1
    - 8 week training salary in addition to your regular salary
    - Good mileage reimbursement

Cons

- The kings of micro-managing. You will be monitored every hour of the day. You will have team meetings EVERY day, regardless of where you commute from and what territory you're covering.
    - Most of the managers are in desperate need of management training program.
    - Majority of the customers hate the company, and a quite a few will do anything to avoid meeting with you at renewal time (how's that for customer relations?!?)
    - Bloated income expectations (you'll hear all about the the reps who make $100k plus (Don't believe the hype, as that is less than 20% company wide and most of them have been there over a decade)
    - Paperwork and systems are horrendous. I've been in Sales for 20+ years and never worked for a company with such horrible back office systems.
    - Admin support is hit or miss.
    - If you believe nothing I say, do your homework. Read the news, connect with employees on Linked In or Facebook. Caveat emptor!

none - they're not going anywhere and most could care less

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia.

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!