Supermedia

www.supermedia.com
  www.supermedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

manager

I have been working at Supermedia

Pros

leadership is sincere and dedicated, hard working and has a commitment to the employees even during difficult times.

Cons

challenging times to turn company around creates stresses that no all respond well to.

keep focus on strategic and transformation, progress is being made. keep focus on customers and long term relationships not just short term results

316 Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia (View Most Recent)

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Media Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Supermedia (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits still solid..Good co workers..Flexible sched..kind of..

Cons

Pay decreasing 20% per year with dying print product.. Micro managing to the extreme!

Innovate new products vs reseeling others

Was great working here but alas, that is no longer the case. Alot of good people have moved on.

Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant
    Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant

I have been working at Supermedia full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Health benefits is top rate. Management could really make or break morale. Depending on the office you work worked out of, I've had great and not so great experiences here in the west. The last place I worked out of was great as were my fellow co-workers. We were not only friends on the job but outside of work as well. It was a great atmosphere to work in largely due to management.

Cons

Pay was decent to great, depending on your sales. I have made six figures but the economy, state of the yellow pages in today's world and many more competitors in the online world has cut that pay quite a bit. You can still make that kind of money but it is little harder to do so. Long hours before the decline of yellow pages was frequent. For many nowadays, it's the norm.

I've had several managers in the decade+ I've worked here and had some good to great and not so great managers. Some manage with with respect and kindness which put them in the top 3% in sales team nationwide to others who manage with intimidation, incompetance to mistrust of their true motives. Quite simply, they will stab you in the back for their own personal gain and not think twice about it. Pretty sad really that you have watch your back when you turn to them for some help. But like I said, there are those that truly have your best interest at heart and have given their shirt off their backs to help you succeed. If Supermedia hired and retained the latter, they could turn this ship around much better than keeping the morale destroying bad apples.

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia