There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

Outside Media Consultant

Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant  in  Warwick, RI
Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Supermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good income and great benefits-- that's about it.

Cons

Horribly mismanaged company. Advertising products are either becoming obsolete or they seriously underperform.

Treat your reps better. If a company loses 10 to 20 percent in revenue every year then the problem might be management or they're offered products and services. Its not the Reps' ability to sell that's in question but more the performance of the products and competitive marketplace. Management is stuck in the old phonebook days when they were the top dogs. Time for a reality check.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia (View Most Recent)

Marketing Specialists

Current Employee - Marketing Sales  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales in Portland, ME

I have been working at Supermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits if your in a union

Cons

Never a positive thing said to you. It is a constant barrage of negativety no matter how good you are.

Give credit where credit is due.

Loved my co-workers, that's about it.

Former Employee - PPC Analyst  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - PPC Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Supermedia as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

There wasn't much micromanagement, so I could do my job at ease and it made things more fun. I met so many people there that I am still friends with to this day. Dress is business casual and you had options with the hours you worked. Mainly the amount of great people I became close with is all I can say was good about this company.

Cons

People in upper management didn't know half the things I did or many of their employees under them. I was a contractor for 2 years and never was approached about being hired on, but the amount of work they gave me increased, pay did not, and a the possibility I could be let go hovered over my head all the time. The way clients were treated was just sad. New products promised clients things we could not provide, then I was left explaining to angry callers why we promised them something they are not receiving, oh and they could not cancel their contract. Also be prepared to work, even when it's snowing outside and the roads are dangerous. They'll make you take PTO, or in my case, not paid at all.

Your employees know more than you do. Learn something so that you can teach new ones. Being a manager doesn't just mean you can keep a group of people showing up on time and play nice. You should be a mentor, a leader, an example and empathetic to everyday life.

There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!