Supertex

www.supertex.com
  www.supertex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Supertex

pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Supertex full-time

Pros

good work-life balance
management will listen, open door policy
professional co-workers.
coworkers tend to get along well. Not much drama or office politics.
fun place to work, lots of different things to do each day, never a boring day
latest equipment and software

Cons

no company-wide party or lavish expenditures.
building and offices are a bit old. Ceiling drips when it rains.
You gotta pay for snacks yourself

Running out of space...would be nice to build a new building :)

10 Other Employee Reviews for Supertex (View Most Recent)

Run fast as your can

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Supertex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people but will not get you far

Cons

Outdated building...computers...members. I would never work for an outdated company again.

Spend some money for new equipments!

Worst company that you'll ever work for

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Supertex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The CFO is a real nice guy
    Matching 401k
    Most of the people here are pretty nice and professional
    Not really much else

Cons

This is probably the worst company that you will ever work for. Super cheap company. Unless you are way up on the food chain or in the design department you'll be given a computer that barely works, this includes if you are working in the manufacturing fab as those computers barely run at all. When I started working here my keyboard had green stains on it *yuck* I demanded a new one right away which I'm surprised that I got. Computers barely works, printer barely works, Internet is super slow, no company address book in Outlook. Some stories that I've heard about the higher ups:

-got upset when someone in purchasing ordered post-it notes
    -goes around after people have left to see if they left their computer on, if you do apparently he tells the IT dept and will "get you in trouble"
    -monitors the amount of toilet paper used<- yes seriously

No safety training given to me before going into the fab, is that even legal?

You have to clock in and out when you leave the building even if it is for breaks. I got in trouble with my boss since my timecard always showed arund 7hrs 30min or so. Why did it show less than 8 hours? Well I go on breaks and drive in between offices. My incompetent boss said that the time spent driving in between buildings doesn't count as time paid as "just like you don't get paid driving to work" I asked HR about this and she was completely clueless. I asked about time for breaks that should be paid and her reply was "Well that's why I don't leave the building for breaks anymore." O ya, and by the way I was a salaried employee and not hourly so I have no idea why they have everyone doing timecards.

Company has a matching 401k but takes out way too much for benefits. For the HMO plan, vision and dental they would take almost $200 out monthly.

And as far as the company culture and activities, there are none. There is no holiday party ever. No company get togethers other than monthly birthday luncheons for certain departments which you have to pay for anyways so I never went. They have a small workout room which apparently they received for free. They won't tell you about this unless you ask them.

I plan on leaving this "company" early next year

Spend some money to upgrade the archaic computers and printers. This isn't a third world country. Also treat your employees better.

There are newer employer reviews for Supertex