Supplemental Health Care

There are newer employer reviews for Supplemental Health Care

Good Job, not a career

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager
Current Employee - Recruiting Manager

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team environment
Access to training and development
Most employees work well together

Cons

Hands off management at branch levels
Over promise under deliver
Not much career growth

Be more active in your branches. Lack of management in the branches really holds back career development. Some offices are better than others, but overall it was pretty much the same across the board.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Supplemental Health Care (View Most Recent)

Supplemental truly cares for their employees, both internal and external. This is evident from the very top down.

Current Employee - Market Manager
    Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive and really wants all of their employees to succeed. They have very realistic expectations and every layer of management will do everything possible to make sure you have the the neccessary tools and resources to succeed. They believe in assisting their employees with a healthy work/life balance. Senior leadsership is genuine and sincere and fully back their ICARE Core Values. Excellent and defined career mobility; a lot of career opportunities.

Cons

You must be prepared for an ever changing health care industry and learn to adapt to this change. This often requires us to change our approach to business and market conditions. If you do not adapt well to change this will be the most difficult aspect of the job. The company supports us and helps all of us learn how to change as the market changes.

Continue to mange with a healthy combination of metrics driven results and emotional and behaviorial based mentoring. Even though many will boast that they do not need a lot of positive affirmation in reality we all need to contunue to hear the postive, you do this well! Keep up the good work.

Awful

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the pay and working 8am-5pm

Cons

Where should I even start? Are completely disrespectful and lazy. Felt like more of an admin assistant than an actual "manager." Micro-managed from the top down.

1. You need to diversify upper management. Your entire upper management team is women. Incorporate at least one male into this mix so you can have a more diversified management style.
    2. Listen to your customers. The only reason a lot of companies use you is because they don't have a choice.
    3. Learn how to talk to and manage people. If you need an admin assistant, hire one. Don't treat and task your managers with petty work when they can be out making money.
    4. Stop being shady