Supplemental Health Care

There are newer employer reviews for Supplemental Health Care

Well structured company

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The structure of Supplemental Healthcare is great. You have all that you need to succeed. The company builds most of it's internal solutions- IT, training, etc. So that creates opportunities for movement within. Also, management does truly exercise and open-door policy. Your concerns (if any) will always be heard.

Cons

The industry itself is subject to inconsistency. Also, the structure in place will only excel if you have the right people on your team. The teamwork nature of the job is essential. The incorrect team mix can be hard on an individual who personally excels.

The focus on numbers (revenue) is of course important. It's how employees keep their jobs. However, I would love if there was more continual process strategy happening. The industry is very inconsistent, but performance quotas are not. I think a more strategic look at specific situations will help managers initiate better plans. As it stands, management instructs to increase "productivity" numbers that may not necessarily be the value-added effort to solve a problem. I just think management gives process improvement answers too quickly, not allowing time to truly assess issues to come up with the best quality solutions.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Supplemental Health Care (View Most Recent)

Very supportive staff

Current Employee - Register Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Register Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have been supportive on providing a positive work enviorment

Cons

not always aware of the work stress that is given to contract nurses

Please keep being supportive of your nurses and listen to compliants

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Houston, TX

I worked at Supplemental Health Care as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Recruiter seemed to care at least initially , later not so much.

Cons

Contracts and/or job assignment frequently cancelled because found "other help" (no reflection on me),very undependable. Contingent contracts mean nothing here.

Look at your recruiters more carefully. Signed contracts dismissed (again, no reflection on me because I've never worked for them!) and now I've already declined other job offers. What's going on here? Time to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Supplemental Health Care