Support.com

There are newer employer reviews for Support.com

Good Pay and decent staff

Current Employee - Personal Technology Expert in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Personal Technology Expert in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Support.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from Home! The biggest problem I had was going down stairs to get some coffee. Good pay and chances for overtime. There are also opportunity's for getting off early if you want to. Benefits include 10 paid days off and 7 floating holiday's.

Cons

Policies change, you have to stay on top of them. Some policies make no sense, but just do as they say and you'll be fine. Since this is a work from home job you can't have background noise. To prevent any noise problems I created my own command center in a good sized closet.

Offer a better way for your workers to submit ideas for improvement.

312 Other Employee Reviews for Support.com (View Most Recent)

Bad company, treats employees horribly

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Work from home job
    - Great teams in the programs I covered
    - A couple awesome sales supervisors that obviously cared about their teams

Cons

- No raises for employees, apparently for years
    - Overpriced health insurance plans, no 401k matching like other employers I've had, no paid holidays or even holiday pay
    - "Snotty" and threatening emails from management about not meeting sales quotas
    - Goals, incentives, and focus points changed constantly with no warning
    - Mandatory OT, extreme opposition when trying to take PTO or call in due to an emergency
    - Despite advertising North American staff, support.com decided to outsource all sales to the Phillippines to save money. They laid off all salespeople in all departments with little to no notice, leaving over 200 people (perhaps much more, but I never knew the exact number) out in the cold with a pitiful severance package, which of course wouldn't be given without signing forms saying we would not retaliate. At least 75 people, if not more, were laid off with no notice at all, tried to sign into systems only to find out they were locked out and had been "let go".
    - When announcing the layoffs in a web conference, CEO seemed cold, as if the employees who had put in long hours day after day, worked on days off, etc, meant nothing to him. Tossed employees aside as if we were garbage, then later in the day sent out a mass email saying that support.com was doing "better than ever"

I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy. There are much better, more stable companies out there that offer work from home jobs where employees are valued and respected. Please, please, stay away from support.com!

Treat employees like they matter. They're your bread and butter. Cheap foreign labor is not the way to go, I've seen a few companies fall because they took the outsourcing route.

Excellent company

Former Employee - Personal Technology Expert in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Technology Expert in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Support.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

worked from home
    great coworkers
    lots of tech articles to read
    helpful coworkers and supervisors.

Cons

forced overtime
    tech pages scattered all over the place
    guidelines sometimes do not reflect recent changes
    difficult as new hire to find how to request time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Support.com