There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table

Two years ago this company was heading in the right direction, took a bad turn once they were bought out.

Current Employee - Floor Lead in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Floor Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sur La Table

Pros

Great products in the kitchen area, fun classes and great people to work with. Discount is 40% and after a while you can get a discount on the more expensive items. I liked not having the stress of commission, just sell because you like the product not because they will throw down $2 bucks at you. Each store used to have its own personality and style. Now they are all starting to look like Williams Sanoma.

Cons

Not enough chance for advancement. I was told when hired that if I wanted it I could be a store manager in 3-5 years. But there was never a good enough time to promote and the DM was never around to see the good things, only heard about mistakes. So, after many months of working early mornings and many floor moves there is still no room for me to move up. Upper management has does not help enough with the day to day. They are absent at best, there is no chance for 360 reviews, and everyone above you can throw you under the bus for their lack of leadership and laziness.

Stop making promises you are not willing to keep. Promote from within and take pride in the people that sell your products. Stop letting upper management ruin the experience for the customer. And not every customers cares about the gift registry.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Sur La Table (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sur La Table

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees, nice bonus plan, paid vacation time, sick and personal days, flexible schedules, good tools to get the job done, great discounts

Cons

The plan isn't always shared till it's in action so then you have to recover and adapt to the new plan, but it's like that in most companies

make internal promotions easier, outside the company there are good people but the ones in the company are the ones who make you look great and deserve the chance to achieve a better position

Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sur La Table

Pros

Discount, great co-workers, name brands and enthusiastic customers. The product is very cool for the most part and of good quality.

Cons

Profit matters but not people. The management team is a disaster and no one can make a decision. Its impossible to get your job done because things always change at the last minute. There are people in charge in that company that have no business managing people.

There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table