Sur La Table

www.surlatable.com

Fun, Friendly environment with opportunity to learn and grow

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Burlingame, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burlingame, CA

Pros

I love the different people I work with, my managers are all awesome and it's great working in an environment where there isn't an air of competition. It's also great to be able to learn about all the different kinds of cookware tools that are out there to not only educate customers, but also yourself. The discount is also a great plus!

Cons

There's not always a great connection between the store and corporate level, sometimes I think that we aren't given realistic sales goals for the day. I also wish that sales associates were paid more.

Some more communication between managers about sales associates would be good, there were a few times where there were scheduling errors.

Other reviews for Sur La Table

likeable staff

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Nice people, low key atmosphere

Cons

I'm doing part-time restocking and the palce is a bit of a mess except for in the store itself.

This store (River Oaks) is not run well as it lacks cleanliness, order, and direction.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

The variety of merchandise is nice.

Cons

The store is dirty. It isn't dusted often enough (if at all.) Various areas of the store are not cleaned well, including the coffee area. I do not recommend tasting any coffee products at the River Oaks location. The water you drink may have come from the bathroom sink and the milk frother may have been rinsed in the same sink. Assistant managers have bad attitudes and talk negatively about management among themselves and with staff.

Purchase proper cleaning supplies. Strengthen rapport among staff. Get control of scheduling. Don't clean anything in the bathroom. Don't get water for coffee machines from the bathroom. Don't rinse anything in the bathroom. Learn how to properly clean a bathroom. Get water from the kitchen; it's a kitchen. Have an updated staff contact list.

There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table.

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!