There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table

Great! Until...

I worked at Sur La Table

Pros

I loved working here! I loved coming to work and sharing my love for food and expanding my knowledge on kitchen tools! I loved talking to customers. I actually like to work!

Cons

Hours, or lack there of. I was the only person who had full availability but some how i only got 10-12 hours a week (even though i was told i would get 20 a week when i was hired)

Utilize people with open schedules I couldn't live off of 11 hours a week

188 Other Employee Reviews for Sur La Table (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Sur La Table part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount on most products. Stay more than 3 months and receive discount on high-end electrics. Most people shopping in a kitchen store are in a good mood. Products are fun.

Cons

MUST be available all the time. Different work schedules every week and they often change the schedule without calling you. Lousy pay. Store management changes often.

Offer a more stable schedule. Offer better pay to keep your employees. It's costs a lot of money to train a person - try to keep them.

Misrepresentation of job--poor store management

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sur La Table part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good non-management staff to work with and great discount. Excellent store product mix.

Cons

I was hired as a "seasonal" sales person AFTER Jan 1, 2013. It turns out that I was only there to help with inventory---this was not stated at the time of hire or I would never taken the job. They told me that I would have about 12 - 16 hours per week as a part timer when, in fact, I haven't been scheduled for the past 3 weeks. Management in the Austin store has turned over completely ----they are well meaning but lack any real experience in dealing with staff.. On balance--with years of retail experience--this is the worst management team I have ever seen. Area management has also been completely non-responsive to emails seeking to understand their policies.

Improve your abominable staff communication. Educate your store management team on how to engage with their staffers and create a team--talk to your people!

There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!