There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table

Sales Associate- GREAT COMPANY

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sur La Table part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, fun environment, helpful co-workers, flexible schedule, free will, room to grow, GREAT employee discount, product knowledge, GREAT as a part time.

Cons

Not enough hours, shifts are very short only 4 1/2 hours and usually ends up being about 18 hours a week.

Keep up the great work, if possible make shifts longer.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Sur La Table (View Most Recent)

Friendly and competent store managers made retail sales pretty nice to work in.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Sur La Table part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management within the store were really pleasant to work with. The incentives from corporate for sales were fairly motivating, I loved that there wasn't a crummy credit card to push to customers. I had the opportunity to advance in the store after a couple months, but turned it down due to school commitments. It paid pretty well for retail. I would work here again if I did not have opportunities in my school field.

Cons

In the off season, hours could be tougher to come by. The search function on the computers needs to be updated badly. Sometimes corporate has us push items customers clearly don't want.

Please continue to give associates the ability to resolve customer problems, and please let store management retain some of the independence they need to give good customer service and tailor what the store needs to the local area.

Sur La Table Response

Jun 6, 2013Director, Talent Management

Thank you for your comment and contribution to Sur La Table! Employees at Sur La Table are always empowered to make the right call with our customers. There is nothing we do that is more important ... More

A fun experience

Current Employee - Various  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Various in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sur La Table full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great leadership, great perks, and good learning opportunity

Cons

Poor culture, some bad eggs, a lot of "teams" but not in a good way.

Appreciate the abilities of your people and promote from within. Don't lose who you are and from whence you come.

Sur La Table Response

Jun 6, 2013Director, Talent Management

Great advice! Our goal is to be the employer of choice for those who are passionate about cooking and entertaining. We are growing and are intent on opening our new stores with our existing ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Sur La Table

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!