There are newer employer reviews for SureSource

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Shelton, CT
Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource

Pros

SureSource pays a little above minimum wage, relaxed dresscode, comfortable working space, free food (sometimes) everyone equally dislikes their job so you can get along

Cons

Most of the Senior management make you feel like garbage. They treat you, especially when you are a new employee, as if you are mentally impaired. They treated me fairly well, but some individuals were treated horribly. The main thing that holds the call center together is that no one likes their job. If you have been there 20 years or 5 days, you dislike your job. No one really converses with one another becuase everyone just wantas to go home. I would hate to have to work here for more than a year. The customers are tough, but then again who calls a call center in a good mood? I feel as if no one cares about the call center people. We are people who are either just trying to ge tby this this job until another comes around, or its a job for the summer. Either way, its pretty terrible.

A large part of your company is the technical and phone support, so you should care about them. The conditions that we work in are pretty terrible. I have never... EVER seen anyone outside of the Callcenter come in to see how we are fairing. Being a call center rep is not a good job, and the managment know this; so they just pretend we don't exist. It's a terrible fate to be a call center employee.

12 Other Employee Reviews for SureSource (View Most Recent)

The real job of a Call Center worker at SureSource and why you should not sell yourself short for money.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource

Pros

SureSource will hire almost anyone to work in their warehouse and call center. The only requirement is passing a drug test. They background check does not have to be passed to be hired. Other reasons you may want to work here are: you do not have anywhere else do work, they have free coffee, the bathrooms are very clean. HR is also very nice and accommodating to the needs of different employees. You will make minimum wage, but you will be hired. Because almost all the workers have the same attitude towards the company, almost all employees get along. The common bond of hating your job keeps co-workers unified.

Cons

SureSource managers will quickly find a way to destroy the self-esteem and self-worth of the call center employees. Call center workers must ask for permission to use the bathroom or get water. They are often DENIED permission to use the bathroom if call volume is high. I myself was not allowed to go to the bathroom for over 30 minutes until I demanded that I be allowed to go. Workers have been reprimanded for asking to use the bathroom repeatedly after they were told they could not go. I have seen 2 employees cry as a result of not being allowed to go the the bathroom and then reprimanded for asking again. Employees are tremendously dissatisfied with the company; morale is so low that it is an incredibly depressing environment full of employees who have no care or concern for the well being of the company.
    Rules do not apply to everyone. Supervisors implement different rules depending on what mood they are in. I was even told once by a supervisor that each supervisor has the ability to enforce different policies on different employees based on how the supervisors feel about that employee. I once saw an inter-office email from one supervisor to other supervisors about an individual interviewing for a job in the call center and the subject line read "too cute not to hire". That shows the mentality of what this company looks for in their staff and how they are allowed to discuss their staff members in very inappropriate contexts.
    The call center phones ring non-stop. Do not work here if you cannot commit yourself to spending 8 consecutive hours in a cubicle on the phone with irate customers and disrespectful supervisors. At the end of your shift, your mouth will hurt, your jaw will hurt, your throat will hurt, your head will hurt from the headsets and stress, your back will hurt from sitting all day, you legs will hurt, your hands will hurt from all the typing, your eyes may hurt from staring at the computer screen, but most of all, you will leave knowing that you will leave your job everyday feeling the exact same way.

Please, please look to your workers for feedback. Ask us how we feel about our positions, about the company, about the management of the call center, about the performance of our supervisors. If you have the ability to do something to show us that you care for us, why wouldn't you? We already feel as though we are not valued, yet it seems Senior Management has yet to see this. Look for the common problem of your workers and you may quickly see a common solution can be reached. If your employees felt cared for, they may start to care about your company. Do a survey and see for yourself the dissatisfaction and disgust that many of your employees have for the supervisors of the call center.

SureSource, not for everyone.

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource

Pros

They have a good employee purchase program, dress code is relaxed and they offer a few things during the year to keep employees happy such as ice cream on fridays and a picnic in the summer. It is a very "young" company and most all employees are very friendly. Todd has built a very impressive business from the ground up and he is a very impressively smart person. I have enjoyed SureSource because there is no micro managing going on, as long as you get your job done your boss will typically just leave you alone because they have enough of their own work to do.

Cons

There seems to be very little room for advancement and they do not like to hear employee opinions. I feel very stuck in the job that I am doing now and do not feel like I can move anywhere ever in this company. I have to also say that the insurance is extremely expensive (which may be everywhere, I don't really know). I have also made suggestions in the past that I was told were very good suggestions but then nothing ever came of them. There are a lot of office politics going on. Company policies do not seem to apply to everyone, certain people can break them without consequence and others break one and are escorted out the door.

I think all departments need to learn how to work better together and take constructive criticism from all employees not just management.

There are newer employer reviews for SureSource

Worked for SureSource? Contribute to the Community!