SureWest Communications
www.surewest.com Roseville, CA 500 to 999 Employees

The Company Plays Politics in a Bad Way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Roseville, CA

ProsThe people were friendly enough. Most came from the Roseville area and were a tight-knit group. I worked there for 6 years and met some great people.

The company does support taking time off. No one ever discouraged you from taking a vacation or taking time off to care for sick children. Quite the opposite.

ConsThe company engaged in some of the worst internal politics that I have ever seen. I worked there for 6 years and had to get out. If you weren't in a clique, you didn't have any opportunity to move up. The company had a written policy of being very accepting of cross-department transfers and training, but in actuality and real-world policy, this did not happen. I would avoid working for this company until they can fix their internal structure.

The pay increase was also terrible. They underpay their staff and try to avoid giving out pay raises, even when employees are given yearly reviews where their manager states they are exceeding expectations in all areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an open door policy that is actually enforced. There's quite a few managers there that put on a front to their bosses, but don't actually use that policy with the people under them. In other words, they pretend to follow corporate policy to their bosses, but they don't actually follow it. Senior management was ignorant of what was going on in the lower ranks.

Great people and great benefits

Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Roseville, CA

I worked at SureWest Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros: The best benefits I've ever had with a company. Free 50/50 internet, all TV channels in HD in 4 rooms, and unlimited… Cons: Company was purchased by Consolidated. Personnel loss and changes in… Advice to Senior Management: Don't take away the great benefits. Do not become Comcast… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sadly times are changing...

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SureWest Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible schedule. Salary in alignment with most other organizations.… Cons: New owners, old ideas. The new owners are roughly 7-12 years behind the times on technology, customer service, and inter-company relationships. The overall… Advice to Senior Management: Might be time to haul out some dead wood and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SureWest Communications.

Worked for SureWest Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SureWest Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SureWest Communications CEO Steve Oldham. All reviews posted anonymously by SureWest Communications employees.