Surgical Care Affiliates

www.scasurgery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Surgical Care Affiliates

Love to be here! The future looks bright, I gotta wear shades!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates

Pros

The company's focus on our values of: Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement. I truly believe we know who we are as a company, where we are going, how we are going to get there, and that the future looks very bright - even though we are 100% a Healthcare organization! The atmoshpere is also one that you can feel and it is that everyone is happy to be here!

Cons

It is growing substantially and quickly and the potential of "getting lost in the crowd" is growing everyday. We are also outgrowing our space and need to expand.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Surgical Care Affiliates (View Most Recent)

Lots of changes in a short period of time.

Former Employee - Corporate in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Surgical Care Affiliates

Pros

The majority of the people at SCA, both corporate and non-corporate, are wonderful people to work with. I enjoyed my work as well as the teamwork that went into getting things done around the office.

Cons

When I first began working at SCA, it was just launching and establishing its mission and values via a company-wide team effort and it seemed like the perfect place to work at the time. Then I began to notice some favoritism and gossiping issues within certain departments. The same people would get recognition over and over while the more-deserving people were never rewarded. Then came the firing or "layoff" of employees I thought were a great asset to the company and who always seemed to be hard workers with great teamwork qualities. I became concerned for my position as well and took it upon myself to look for a more secure job. Things may be different now that some upper management people whom I felt were responsible for favoritism and layoffs have been let go. I do genuinely miss working with the non-managment employees and the business administrators.

Do not play favorites and do not get yourself wrapped up in any gossip amongst employees. Your role is to "manage" employees and ensure the company is positioned for growth, accuracy, and increased profitability by making sure your employees' skills are being fully utilitized and that they are happy in their work and in the work place. Be an interactive, proactive manager and not just a reactive one. :)

Respectful environment

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates

Pros

Many ICU, ER, OR nurses work here and find it a less stressful environment still able to find work fulfilling, maybe even more. Therefore, patients are served with top-notch care, RNs willing to share their knowledge with patients and other colleagues.
    RNs and management are down-to-earth, Doctors and residents provide wonderful service land willing to teach
    You constantly work closely with patients, doctors, nurses, and other staff therefore learn the dynamics of open communication and interaction among groups.
    Once you prove yourself to be a loyal and diligent worker, you gain respect to take you a long way
    No work on weekends and major holidays

Cons

There are limited full-time positions and your hours are not guaranteed every week since it depends on the amount of cases.
    Benefits package not the greatest
    Have to be patient to be cross-trained in OR if you do not have a background in the area already

More communication and praise for individual employees
    Consistency and follow-through in what you offer for job positions

There are newer employer reviews for Surgical Care Affiliates