There are newer employer reviews for Surgical Care Affiliates

Big company benefits with small company feel

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, non-bureaucratic
Ambitious, yet collaborative teammates
Flexible work schedule
Excellent growth opportunities for people interested in healthcare
Senior management walks the walk and talks the talk
Values mean something

Cons

Occasionally the entrepreneurial atmosphere leads to some overlap in roles; however, these frictions are easily overcome with strong communication, which is prevalent. Very little to critique!

Advice to Management

More of the same!

reviews filtered by

Living the Values Every Day!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love most about SCA is that the values aren't just words on a laminated card that gets handed out at special events... we truly live them every day. Teamwork is built into every aspect of our business, and teammates are recognized for their hard work and commitment. It is a pleasure to come to work every day!

Cons

Busy, busy, busy! If you aren't willing to roll up your sleeves and help with whatever needs doing, don't even think about SCA. It is all hands on deck whenever there's a need. I'm not sure that's really a Con, but certainly a consideration if you aren't ready to work hard.

Advice to Management

Communication continues to be the key to the company. Keeping everyone aware of the changes and influences on our industry and our business helps us stay alert and ready for the challenges we face.

2. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work for the Support Services division in Birmingham, AL. My work team is supportive and senior management provides the support needed for my function. Great atmosphere, and a company wide focus on growth, as well as personal and corporate improvement.

Cons

As a fairly young company, we've been in a 'Just Do It' mode, which can lead to shadow processes and undocumented procedures. As we document and formalize processes, it helps us justify additional staffing, but it can be a struggle to stay caught up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. At times, we may need to focus on solidifying our current environment. it will help us to be a more agile and resilient company.