There are newer employer reviews for Susser Holdings

IF you wanna work for little money and unvalued stripes is your place to work

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

You can get full time hours... You can become a manager fairly easy

Cons

Hours can fluctuate, NO breaks or lunches are ever given,And you are not appreciated, The pay rate is very low for the kind of work we do.

Advice to Management

Start to become involved on how employees at all stripes stores are being treated . Appreciate your employees more. Raise the pay rate. Value your workers then maybe there wont be so much employee turn overs.Most people who work for stripes end up quitting cause they feel underpaid and unappreciated

Other Employee Reviews for Susser Holdings

1. First IT job

Former Employee - Systems Analyst I in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst I in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Susser Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money, experienced IT people, friendly co-workers. Owner and his family were awesome people, I could not say enough good things about the owners. I enjoyed working on the applications given to me, the job duties were good for first IT experience.

Cons

Long hours, many weekends, high turn over. Can't take any vacation till after first year and then it is only for 1 week. After second year it gets better. Lots of on-call time. I have to assume the owners were not aware of what occurs in some departments. Unfortunately as in many IT first jobs there is no training. Had about 1 week of someone going through the motions of doing the work and me watching (I assume this is what happens at many companies).

Advice to Management

Should look into training upper management on people management. Some are great but many are lacking in basic people management 101 skills.

2. Horrible lies!!!

I have been working at Susser Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros, the pay is horrible, your blamed for everything, over worked 55+ hours, 6 days working with one day off and one half day (as if that makes up the second day off your suppose to have)

Cons

Area manager thinks hes God at stripes, he doesnt even work his hours he is suppose to, but yet will fire you if ur 15 min late, lots of turnover unless you can kiss butt to get ahead. No life work balance and it is just ridiculous. Lied to from the start, told i would work 50 hours only in 5 days...store could be in perfect condition but you still cant go home. Area manager is never at work and never answers phone, asst general managers need to work nights, even though they are suppose to be "training" to get a new store. Agms are never with GM so there is no training. Just plain horrible horrible horrible

Advice to Management

Be realistic, you want slaves then buy them. If u want productive happy managers, give them a regular schedule like everyone else!