Sutherland Asbill

Very collegial, and boring

Current Employee - Attorney, 6th-Year in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Attorney, 6th-Year in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sutherland Asbill

Pros

There truly appears to be a "no jerks" policy. Almost without exception everyone here is very nice. As large as the firm has grown, it still "feels" like a mid-sized firm.

Cons

The pace of the firm is pretty slow, and can feel stagnant and boring. The firm seems not to understand its size/heft and operates like an old-fashioned firm sometimes. Technology is improving, but there is a long way to go.

Management needs to do something to inject some energy and vitality into this office. I think that getting some younger, more aggressive partners would do the trick.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Sutherland Asbill (View Most Recent)

Eh, as firms go, this one's not bad

I have been working at Sutherland Asbill

Pros

Close contact with partners, impressive clients, small perks (depending on the office), lots of folks who've been around for twenty or thirty years.

Cons

The satellite offices are complete afterthoughts; Atlanta runs the show. Plus, the more powerful the partner, the more they have a say in management--no matter what their opinion is. Unclear communication leads to low morale among lawyers and staff.

Be consistent in words and deeds. Don't worry so much about how something will come across. Act in the firm's best interest and forget everything else.

Sutherland......not a bad place to seek employment.

Former Employee - Library Clerk in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Library Clerk in Washington, DC

I worked at Sutherland Asbill

Pros

The best reasons to work with Sutherland are the parties and the breakfast! The nice associates and attorneys are a plus as well.

Cons

The downsides to working at Sutherland are that they do not advance you into a higher position that you may be qualified for. They will seek friends or friends of friends and tell you that you don't qualify. The HR manager is VERY and let me repeat, VERY lazy!!!! You can request something from her and she will pass it on with no concern of it getting done! I guess because she has been there for sooo many years, she is confident that her job is not in jeapordy! What I can say is that the attorneys were really nice and polite. In fact, they are the nicest people that I have worked for.

My advice to senior management would be to continue to hire the best attorneys because I was very pleased to work for them but the staff is not the best. From office services to the administrative assitants many of them are unprofessional. And also hiring from within is always good, before just making decisions to use temp agencies and other inquiries.

There are newer employer reviews for Sutherland Asbill