Sutherland Global Services

www.sutherlandglobal.com

Good place to start out but not a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Manager  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Rochester, NY

Pros

Good place to test your work ethic and handle a fast paced environment. They promote (most of time) from within the company.

Cons

Little pay for reps. Benefits are very high for the first 2 years. They have a throw you into the fire mentality, where they don't train or coach managers. Focus on the mistakes that are made. The company reacts rather than prepare for the next big thing. Schedules are all over the place and you won't have the same one for 2 months in a row. No accountability on upper management.

Care about the employees who are on the front lines a little more.

Other reviews for Sutherland Global Services

Don't Work Here!

Current Employee - P & C Agent  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - P & C Agent in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

There are no pros other than a check while looking for a better job!

Cons

I work for the Met Life program and don't think this is going to last. Managers don't know how to speak to people. They are rude. They have favorites and it really shows. Termination notices are given every month. We had about 75 agents and are down to about 45, and this program hasn't even been around for a year yet. Not a good place at all! Newcomers are getting paid a dollar+ more an hour than the agents that have been here, however management lies about that too! Wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Get your manager and trainer certified like everyone else. How can you employ a manager that isn't certified and knows nothing about insurance?

Thankful for my job

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

the people I work with are helpful and knowledgable , we share ideas and work together to improve our daily work environment and experience.

Cons

Miscommunication, frequent procedural changes they share ideas with each other and fail to communicate clearly on which direction we are taking. it seems there are conflicting personalities that do not work effectively. Failure to recognize potentiak too focus on the numbers and not the personality. Dress code is poorly enforced. Some employees come in looking as if they are going to a nightclub not an office or professional environment. Lack of attention to those making a genuine effort because micromanagment doesn't allow someone to see the big picture and the talent arround them.

Communicate effectively, share this communtion and pilot programs with employees. distribute the same materials and software for doing a good job uniformly to all employees, dont shrug your shoulders at someone when they dont have access to the same materials and tools as most of the work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Sutherland Global Services.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!