Sutter Health
www.sutterhealth.org Sacramento, CA 5000+ Employees

Ethical Company

Accountant (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsAs an accountant, we're taught in college to do what's right, because the public needs to be able to rely on our financial statements. Some companies will require you to be "flexible" with the business, which means various shades of gray and sometimes leading to scandals like Enron. What I like best about SH accounting is that management WANTS to you book the correct things. And we're continuously encouraged to voice opinions if we think someething is wrong. The team is lean, you work a lot, but the trade off is, the politicking is minimal.

ConsWork can be unevenly distributed. This place is full of workhorses, including management, so if you're overwhelmed, it's important you're vocal about it. If you say something, they'll do something about it. But if you stay quiet, no one's going to come to your rescue.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend them look more closely at individuals and their contributions. Some people work less than 40 a week while others have to work 50 a week.

A fantastic learning experience with on the job training and great people to work with

EHR Implentation Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company with an excellent work environment and a very diverse staff. … Cons: Not many, sometimes you have to wear hats you don't… Advice to Senior Management: Would have loved the opportunity to perform the duties beyond my contract… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Worst place ever

Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Davis, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time for less than a year

Pros: The recruiters do a great job at attracting you to a position… Cons: I had different recruiters from different areas calling about the same time. Poor organization techniques. Anyway, this place is a hot mess. Managers overlook the… Advice to Senior Management: Need better training mechanisms. Other organizations are thriving with training modules. Skip the pencil… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sutter Health.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutter Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sutter Health CEO Pat Fry. All reviews posted anonymously by Sutter Health employees.