Ethical Company

Current Employee - Accountant in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Accountant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an accountant, we're taught in college to do what's right, because the public needs to be able to rely on our financial statements. Some companies will require you to be "flexible" with the business, which means various shades of gray and sometimes leading to scandals like Enron. What I like best about SH accounting is that management WANTS to you book the correct things. And we're continuously encouraged to voice opinions if we think someething is wrong. The team is lean, you work a lot, but the trade off is, the politicking is minimal.

Cons

Work can be unevenly distributed. This place is full of workhorses, including management, so if you're overwhelmed, it's important you're vocal about it. If you say something, they'll do something about it. But if you stay quiet, no one's going to come to your rescue.

Advice to Management

I would recommend them look more closely at individuals and their contributions. Some people work less than 40 a week while others have to work 50 a week.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A fantastic learning experience with on the job training and great people to work with

Former Employee - EHR Implentation Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - EHR Implentation Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with an excellent work environment and a very diverse staff. Compensation is towards the top tier and there is plenty of room for growth.

Cons

Not many, sometimes you have to wear hats you don't necessarily want to but that is the case in most jobs.

Advice to Management

Would have loved the opportunity to perform the duties beyond my contract but the economy tightened the budget causing many layoffs to good people.

Worst place ever

Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Davis, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters do a great job at attracting you to a position and screening information about you and whether you would be the right fit.

Cons

I had different recruiters from different areas calling about the same time. Poor organization techniques. Anyway, this place is a hot mess. Managers overlook the cliques and do not discipline poor behavior. New blood to the organization is not always acceptable. They need more tactical and better training programs. Just because someone knows what it is and how its done; does not always mean the situation is always going to be the same.

Advice to Management

Need better training mechanisms. Other organizations are thriving with training modules. Skip the pencil and paper for technology driven platforms...please!! It will help with retention and control your budget.