There are newer employer reviews for Sutter Health

Not the employer of choice anymore.

Current Employee - SHSS in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - SHSS in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that there are some amazing people that are employed at Sutter Health that are very dedicated.

Cons

Sutter Health is just like any other low grade 3rd world business. They continue to take from their loyal employees. Currently relocating which means a further drive for a lot of the employees. Discontinuing longevity bonuses, raising the cost of medical benefits and reducing yearly raise percentage by a whole percent. So for example if you are doing your job up to their standard you would only get a 2% raise, this isn't even a cost of living raise. Sutter used to pride themselves as the Employer of Choice. Can't say that I would label them as that anymore.

Advice to Management

Support your loyal employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Office Staff - SPMF, San Francisco

Current Employee - Office Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health benefits are fantastic; location for public transportation is good and free shuttle service between locations. Co-workers are helpful and easy to work with.

Cons

Upper management shows no appreciation of staff, work load unbalanced. Preferential treatment shown to some. Some staff are located in cramped too small cubicles. Moral very low. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

A little staff appreciation goes a long way...... Get to know who your employees are, we are there in the office you just don't seem to see us. Do you know our names or what we really do? Make an effort to find out, your company doesn't run without us. There is a reason so many people are jumping ship. Have a monthly lunch, raffle gift cards.....employees that feel somebody cares are much happier workers...even putting in the effort to pretend you care works.

Diverse environment requiring many skills

Current Employee - Database Administrator III in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator III in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple skills are encouraged. Very challenging environment. Knowledgable peers.

Cons

Compensation and advancement opportunities are lacking

Advice to Management

Evaluate and revise compensation in order to retain key performers and to be able to hire top flight talent for this very diverse and demanding environment.