There are newer employer reviews for Sutter Health

Sutter Health is an enjoyable place to work.

Current Contractor - IT Project Manager in Mather, CA
Current Contractor - IT Project Manager in Mather, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The employees I work with are generally happy to work here and have a good morale. The leadership is caring and is very conscientious to communicate company vision and expectations. Communications are transparent and up front, even if the news is not comfortable. There is a sense of team work. Accomplishments are recognized with awards and celebrations. The break room facilities are well provisioned including a game table area in one of the buildings on campus. Other pros include having updated and current computing equipment. Laptops are standard. Communication is totally integrated onto the desktop so that phone calls, IM, LiveMeetings etc can all occur with your laptop. Web cams and integrated headsets are standard issue. VPN access is provided to all so that remote work can be done efficiently when needed. Office furniture is up to date. Office space is average.

Cons

Some of the smaller cons include not having enough conference room space to schedule meetings, but this is offset by the excellent access to collaboration tools on the laptop. The campus has 3 buildings that are co-located, however going to meetings at the other buildings can be challenging with the distance being about a 10 minute walk. If driving, parking becomes a challenge too.

reviews filtered by

Not the employer of choice anymore.

Current Employee - SHSS in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - SHSS in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that there are some amazing people that are employed at Sutter Health that are very dedicated.

Cons

Sutter Health is just like any other low grade 3rd world business. They continue to take from their loyal employees. Currently relocating which means a further drive for a lot of the employees. Discontinuing longevity bonuses, raising the cost of medical benefits and reducing yearly raise percentage by a whole percent. So for example if you are doing your job up to their standard you would only get a 2% raise, this isn't even a cost of living raise. Sutter used to pride themselves as the Employer of Choice. Can't say that I would label them as that anymore.

Advice to Management

Support your loyal employees.

Office Staff - SPMF, San Francisco

Current Employee - Office Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health benefits are fantastic; location for public transportation is good and free shuttle service between locations. Co-workers are helpful and easy to work with.

Cons

Upper management shows no appreciation of staff, work load unbalanced. Preferential treatment shown to some. Some staff are located in cramped too small cubicles. Moral very low. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

A little staff appreciation goes a long way...... Get to know who your employees are, we are there in the office you just don't seem to see us. Do you know our names or what we really do? Make an effort to find out, your company doesn't run without us. There is a reason so many people are jumping ship. Have a monthly lunch, raffle gift cards.....employees that feel somebody cares are much happier workers...even putting in the effort to pretend you care works.

There are newer employer reviews for Sutter Health