Sutter Health
www.sutterhealth.org Sacramento, CA 5000+ Employees

Mediocre at best

Senior Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee)
Davis, CA

ProsThe company tries their best to get employees involved in their network of healthcare professionals - meaning, they have picnics, charity events, and things of the sort. The company is very large and it can be challenging to meet people in other departments at other locations; the company makes the effort to overcome the distance between employees and establish a network where you know a lot more Sutter Health employees than the people who work in your specific building. Additionally, the health system, often times, promotes from within and it is possible to quickly "climb the ranks" once you've proven yourself.

ConsThe con is that Sutter Health is not union. The company does their best to keep the employes happy by offering night differentials and weekend differentials; however, I know of instances where an employee was, in my opinion, wrongfully terminated. Please do not get me wrong, these instances are rare, but still, they would be less likely to occur had a union been established.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a great service by providing tuition reimbursement to its employees and offering scholarships to the children of employees; however, popularizing these programs would go a long way. Many employees, who may be interested in going back to school or getting more advanced licenses are unaware of these excellent services. It would be to your benefit to advertise these services in hopes that employees will use their newfound education to return the favor to the company and fill a very in-demand position.

Sutter Health - Technical Services

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Mather, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time for less than a year

Pros: Sutter Health medical practitioners are first rate. Hopefully dependance on Information Technology will not detract… Cons: Project Managers were placed into highly volatile positions, expected to represent the interests of Servcie Line Management. That's normal and definitely not the problem.… Advice to Senior Management: Take a moment to spend some time with the Management from the other Service Lines, genuinely collaborating with them to successfully provide services that benefit… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of positives, lots of negatives

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Company is very loyal. When a department is relocated or dissolved, they find internal positions in other departments for those who want to stay. Lots… Cons: Since 2008 they've cut some part of the benefits package every year, ended the profit-sharing bonus and reduced COL raises Politics are horrible between regions, with… Advice to Senior Management: stop slashing benefits address toxic political atmosphere address underperforming employees Train your people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sutter Health.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutter Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sutter Health CEO Pat Fry. All reviews posted anonymously by Sutter Health employees.