There are newer employer reviews for Sutter Health

Challenging yet rewarding, allow to make a difference in the community.

Current Employee - EBR Data Center Operations Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - EBR Data Center Operations Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work, knowing that the bottom line is patient care, motives you to work harder for providing a unique and experience to everyone.

Cons

Currently due to the fast changing on Health care and the consolidation of the regions, communication needs to improve to all Sutter employees to calm insecurities and nerves.

Advice to Management

Implement a better Top / down communication processes .

Other Employee Reviews for Sutter Health

1. life changing

Pros

I really enjoyed the contact with the patients. I learned alot and found myself to be a very compationet person! I felt needed and at times. respected mostly by the patients then my fellow employees. thank God for the union!

Cons

I truely do not want to go there. Deffently twofaced fellow employees and managers and directors. the management must meet there goals and keep there costs down regardless what u think, unless you are actually taking care of patients of course but, with the union.....management does not like the union at all!

Advice to Management

management says they have your back, when they actually throw u to the lions. I only had one manager and one director that I truely enjoyed working for and one is now retired and the other has left the company. My advice for management isnt worth my time.

2. Bottom line, it's what's most important to the management

Former Employee - Clinician in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Clinician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They still have a pretty good benefits package. They have a weekend differential.

Cons

The management has become a bit mercenary. New management brought new problems for the staff there. Many good people left immediately and more were fired for reasons left untold. There was never any worker input in decision making so it was all top center down management. Paltry raises turned to paltry raises for fewer staff. Even the ones who get raises get well below cost of living. The manager claimed a vision. It turns out quite myopic. Some benefits have been cut. If you're looking to work with professionals, some of them still remain on staff but I would recommend looking elsewhere. There is no union although the staff clearly needs one.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Provide incentives for your workers (like raises). Trust your employees. They are professionals and could suggest some valid improvements that would benefit your company. Stop firing people you don't like.