There are newer employer reviews for Svam International

Few comments that I would like to make in response to the comments made by former employees

Former Employee - Java Developer in Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Java Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People have been writing false things about the company. I have had 8 years of association with SVAM. I was hired from India and left SVAM once I got the Green Card. I went on numerous projects through them. Whatever was promised to me was honored. They have helped in every phase of Green card and have honored every commitment that they provided. I would like to recommend this company highly.
I would like to make some comments in response to few comments made by people:
Many people have made statements that SVAM pays less. I would like to ask them, Did SVAM pay them less than the salary that was agreed ??? If you were offered an X salary, you had the option to refuse the same, no one compelled you to join at that salary. If one got a particular salary, they agreed to that salary, then why crib.
Few of you made statements about Guest house not being clean. Guest house is not a hotel, to keep in clean is upto the people who live there. How is company responsible for the same. Every week, there used to be a cleaning lady who used to clean the Guest house, beyond that I believe it is the people who are staying’s responsibility. When i was in the guest house, we used to keep it as I would keep my house clean. Guys, we all forget to treat someone else’s house as our own. Again, one is never forced to stay in the guest house. If one doesn’t like it, they should have moved out.
Completely false statement that No economic support when your project ends, you pay all cancelation fees from regular services you use. For all salaried benefitted employee, relocation, cancellation fees are given. I did almost 4 projects through them and everytime, I relocated reasonable lease breakage and relocation assistance was given to me. I don’t think they’ll have different rules for every employee.

Cons

I just thought of bringing few of my thoughts to everyone who is reading these comments. Please make a justified opinion of a particular company and think about the things that people have written and about my comments.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working for SVAM

Current Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Svam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have the opportunity to work in US as a Mexican, without too much paper work or long process, just apply interviews and in one month you can move to NY.

Cons

When you have to relocate in another city, they pay you only one week of hotel and rental car, I think should be more time, at least two weeks.

Advice to Management

Don't only ask for money to your middle clients ask for feedback as well as talk to your consultants once in awhile

So far a good place to start if you're new in town. Doesn't look like a place to stay for more than a year or two.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

VISA Sponsorship
    Guest house available while on bench.
    Company reimburses all transportation expenses incurred due to interviews.
    People in office are friendly, everyone is willing to give a hand whenever needed.

Cons

Low salary compared to industry standard.
    Sales team gets you lots of interviews that don{t have anything to do with your profile and sometimes don't provide an adequate feedback on the positions.
    Office looks old and some PCs are also old and obsolete.

Advice to Management

Mr. Kapoor is a very nice person, however there are a few things that require improvement: The office looks old and not very appealing... also one of the guest houses. Matresses are old. For new comers or first timers it would be good to have some kind of welcome package with info on transportation, shopping centers, etc. so that integration is faster.