A great learning experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Solon, OH
Former Employee - Intern in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern they give you alot of projects and let you do real work. It was a great learning experience and everyone is really nice an helpful.

Cons

They could have a better orientation for interns, there is a lot of information to learn and they expect you to know it right away.

Other Reviews for Swagelok

Job, not a Career

Former Employee - Welder  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Welder in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time for less than a year

Pros

Other workers with the same title were nice to work with. Made new friends. Other workers feel the same way.

Cons

Management lied about raises, starting pay, and job. worked second shift. Took another position at another facility because they needed help. was told "you will look flexible", will help when it comes to raise time. Came back, told no raise cause was not doing job hired to do during that time. Began college, manager had no problem letting me start 1/2hr later and stay 1/2 hr longer, but evening plant supervisor said no. Asked to switch to first or third shift, and was told by H.R. no,and to just not go back to school. sorry, when i was supposed to start at 17hr, and you started me at 10 with a 1.25 shift premium, no thank you

Stay true to your word, work with your employees. when you have 1/2 hr for lunch and it takes 5 min just to reach the cafeteria, and 5 min to walk back, leaves you with a 20 min lunch. let your workers leave in time to get to lunch.

Great resources to work with.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Solon, OH

I have been working at Swagelok

Pros

Great people, who know what they are doing. Given time to develop and learn the Swagelok way.
    Great assets to work with.

Cons

Contract employees of all levels are not treated the same as full time employees. I see a need to train machine operators better.

Really the only thing I can see is the training of the machine operators to understand more about what the are doing. I see some who could be so much better with a little training on reading CNC programs.

There are newer employer reviews for Swagelok.

Worked for Swagelok? Contribute to the Community!