Nice Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Swagelok as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Extremely talented staff
Well Managed
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Flexible Schedule
Accomplishments are appreciated
No Layoffs
Plenty to do
Always training workforce

Cons

Corporate and distributors often pursue alternative interests
Sometimes it was hard to get receive training for new tasks, making new tasks take longer than they would.

Keep up the good work

Other Reviews for Swagelok

Nothing more than an average paycheck

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

As a temp. worker - none.

Cons

Where to begin? This is a boring, bland JOB. There is not 1 positive thing that I can say about Swagelok. It is a (low wage) paycheck & that's it. They treat temp workers different from full-time employees. They even have to wear a darker colored uniform.
     I was let go after 3 weeks because I was told that I was not "catching on" to their shipping system. I an not stupid & I really tried to make it work. Their system makes no logical sense & I told them about it. They don't care, they said, you'll catch on. There are at least 4-5 different type of orders & different ways to process each of them. I was shown ONCE how to do it and was given a few example sheets of paper to use as a guide. Anytime that I had a question, the person who was supposedly training me acted angry & frustrated that I was "bothering" him with questions. He was not friendly at all because it must be hard to be when you work at Swagelok. I was glad when my recruited told me that he was placing me somewhere else.

Have someone who cares about the success of your company actually take some time to actually train temp. workers correctly rather then have an angry, bitter employee (who obviously is tired of having to train temps all of the time). It was a very unpleasant experience working @ Swagelok & I'm glad that I'm gone.

A great learning experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern they give you alot of projects and let you do real work. It was a great learning experience and everyone is really nice an helpful.

Cons

They could have a better orientation for interns, there is a lot of information to learn and they expect you to know it right away.

There are newer employer reviews for Swagelok.

Worked for Swagelok? Contribute to the Community!