There are newer employer reviews for Swagelok

Large company with a family feel

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Swagelok treats all of their employees like members of the family. They are very open with all of their employees about the performance of the company. They also make sure that you are very involved with your career planning, and are very accommodating to any moves you want to make within the company to broaden your experience.

Cons

The vast majority of the opportunities within Swagelok are in the Cleveland area, so mobility to other geographic regions is limited.

Other Employee Reviews for Swagelok

1. Nice Place

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Fremont, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Swagelok as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely talented staff Well Managed Excellent Pay and Benefits Flexible Schedule Accomplishments are appreciated No Layoffs Plenty to do Always training workforce

Cons

Corporate and distributors often pursue alternative interests Sometimes it was hard to get receive training for new tasks, making new tasks take longer than they would.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Nothing more than an average paycheck

Former Contractor - Shipping Clerk in Solon, OH
    Former Contractor - Shipping Clerk in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

As a temp. worker - none.

Cons

Where to begin? This is a boring, bland JOB. There is not 1 positive thing that I can say about Swagelok. It is a (low wage) paycheck & that's it. They treat temp workers different from full-time employees. They even have to wear a darker colored uniform. I was let go after 3 weeks because I was told that I was not "catching on" to their shipping system. I an not stupid & I really tried to make it work. Their system makes no logical sense & I told them about it. They don't care, they said, you'll catch on. There are at least 4-5 different type of orders & different ways to process each of them. I was shown ONCE how to do it and was given a few example sheets of paper to use as a guide. Anytime that I had a question, the person who was supposedly training me acted angry & frustrated that I was "bothering" him with questions. He was not friendly at all because it must be hard to be when you work at Swagelok. I was glad when my recruited told me that he was placing me somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Have someone who cares about the success of your company actually take some time to actually train temp. workers correctly rather then have an angry, bitter employee (who obviously is tired of having to train temps all of the time). It was a very unpleasant experience working @ Swagelok & I'm glad that I'm gone.