There are newer employer reviews for Swedish Medical Center

Stevens Hospital... an up and coming employer of choice!

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center

Pros

Great teamwork Sense of fun Increased accountability Less "dead weight" on the team Greater sense of urgency surrounding critical issues Increased support from senior leadership Performance based merit increases Great new talent from out of state Affiliating with Swedish Medical Center

Cons

While accountability is on the upswing ownership of issues at an analytical level leaves a lot to be desired Grooming habits and professional appearance Odor in some office spaces Lots of time off without notice (dependability)

Advice to Management

Please keep up the good work! Things are moving in a more positive direction and I look forward to our pending affiliation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Run, don't walk, away from any employment offers as long as it remains under Stevens Hospital control.

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center

Pros

Swedish is taking over, maybe they can show current Stevens management how to motivate their employees to be successful.

Cons

Terrible leadership. People put in charge of things that they have no previous experience in managing. Very Punitive. Communication is lacking. Quick to discipline and slow to show recognition.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees, it just may make you both successful.

A good place to work but hard for people who have been here a while to live through difficult but necessary changes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Swedish Medical Center

Pros

Variety of case mix, strong standing in the community, great reputation and strives to live up to it

Cons

Poor leadership in past created some challenging situations that current leadership is now trying to correct. Time will tell if they can make the needed changes without losing valuable staff.

Advice to Management

Give employees a chance to catch up with you...a little more empathy for the degree and pace of changes would ensure greater loyalty from employees. Starting to get the feeling you don't care if we stay or leave, that it may be the price for making some hard but necessary decisions. Remind me that you care about me as a person and I'll follow you to the end, Rod!