Sweetjack

www.sweetjack.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sweetjack

Not my cup of tea

I worked at Sweetjack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can include Cumulus Media on my resume.The flexible dress code is nice for those who do not abuse it. Having a staff that is relatively close in age is a nice change as well. Many people have made great friends working at SweetJack. If you are into sales, you may like it here.

Cons

Where to start? Maybe I was mislead in my interview at the fact that this job consists of all cold calling various businesses in various markets. Not to mention you spend A LOT of time trying to find businesses on your own to call. This wastes a lot of the time where you could be calling generated leads and possibly work on closing deals.

There is a HUGE disconnect between the sales team and content team. Content has final say on what deals will run and what will not. That isn't okay when half of the content team has no idea how challenging it can be from the sales perspective to get a business to partner with SweetJack.

Partnered with Clear channel way too soon. There are many internal issues that needed ( and still need) to be handled before bringing in and possibly damaging your "friendship" with your competitor. At this point in the game, SweetJack really can't afford to fire anyone on the team at the rapid pace they are trying to grow. They have a manager who does nothing but "monitor calls" and fire people. How about you try assisting the sales associates you already have to help reach sales goals instead of inflicting fear and uncertainty to the team.

Not all of the people who have been chosen to be team leads are leaders themselves. It's great that some of them may have had a good month in sales however that by no means means they can guide or lead a team. Team leads spend more time whispering amongst themselves lately than they do "leading their team"

Great Idea, poor execution however it is still in the early stages.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Sweetjack (View Most Recent)

Work environment completely different from what was promised; poor leadership

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I worked at Sweetjack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good to have Cumulus Media on resume - especially if you're seeking a career in the media industry; pay structure is okay - a bit indifferent; high level of autonomy, start-up company environment

Cons

I was told that this wasn't a cold calling sales job during my interview, I was told that associates would be giving "warm leads" to already interested clients. Upper management kept reiterating that this is not a typical sales job , lots and lots of room for growth. There is no room for growth. Team leads and upper management do things in secret, having secret meetings and not filling the sales rep in on updates and changes, had to fend for self. My team lead in particular was unapproachable, only communicated with those he wanted to, would throw you under the bus the moment he could. Did not provide the ongoing training as they said during my interview. Saul, the director of sales never showed his face unless it was time for him to leave or talk to a top sales person. Upper management made it very clear that you are a number. I was also told that this wasn't a call center environment, more of an opportunity to build relationships with merchants. No support, upper management never communicated with team. Team moral would be so low, which would be so obvious (people quitting or getting fired) and management did absolutely nothing about trying to build moral. Not a good company to work for, no integrity or values whatsoever. Sweetjack makes Cumulus (a great brand) look very bad. I eventually had enough and quit.

Sweetjack had a million dollar idea, however, the way the turnover rate is going, Sweetjack will probably be out of session by Jan 2013. Upper management is very slimy, unapproachable. Tell applicants the truth when interviewing - this is cold calling, with no warm leads, and this is NOT a creative media/marketing environment - it's a call center, nothing more. Having Cumulus on my resume sounds great because people think I'm really in advertising, marketing, or PR...but it's simply a typical sales job.

By far the most heartless company I ever worked for.

I worked at Sweetjack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent base
    Paid Training
    Will work with you on some time issues/wont on others

Cons

They lie about the fact that there is no cold calling
    Will fire you over anything
    Very Heartless
    No Diversity in Management
    Started firing people over anything with no chance to improve
    Over hire then get rid of people they do not like or do not suck up to them
    THEY MAKE CUMULUS MEDIA RADIO LOOK BAD

REPLACE THEM ALL
    David is stuck on himself
    Saul is not qualified
    Steve seems to be a nice guy.. There was one problem.. I HAVE NEVER BEEN FORMALLY INTRODUCED THOUGH WE WERE IN THE SAME BUILDING.

There are newer employer reviews for Sweetjack