There are newer employer reviews for Swift Capital

Came here 5 months ago & haven't looked back!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Conshohocken, PA
Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here less than 6 months & am happy I joined the team. I came from one of the largest financial institutions in the country and the culture here has been refreshing compared to my previous job. Swift is small but growing & I am very optimistic about how we are positioned in the marketplace compared to our competitors. Collaboration and teamwork aren't just cheesy posters on a conference room wall -- they're truly practiced here and there's a general lack organizational silos often found elsewhere. A smaller org chart means you can really own what you work on and feel like you're making an impact. It doesn't matter your job function or level of seniority - if you have a creative thought, a new idea or if you're questioning the way something is currently being done you are encouraged to solve it, do it or fix it.....very empowering.

The culture here is also solid. Casual (jeans) dress code, free snacks & coffee, recurring town halls with lunch. It's not a 9 to 5 job with predictable days (this to me is a plus but might not be a fit for others). Good people who know their stuff which makes it much easier to come in to work every day. There's a lot work to be done but throughout the day you'll hear laughter & non-work conversations & people will grab lunch together -- to me signs that people really do like being around each other as individuals - not just as co-workers.

Cons

This is a small company in growth mode. People who want a predictable job they can do in cruise control will probably not like it here -- it'll be a "pro" to some, a "con" to others

I know some people like an open floor plan office setting, but sometimes can be distracting when others are meeting, talking on the phone, etc. We are moving into a much larger office shortly with more space for group discussions so hopefully it will be less of an issue going forward

Keep it going -- especially the open dialogues & frequent communication in terms of what's next for the business & how everyone can help to achieve the goals -- this will become even more important as we continue to add new colleagues and grow the business.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Swift Capital (View Most Recent)

The best job I've had!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love it here. Everyone is talented, cooperative, and fun to be around. I've never seen so much mutual respect before in one place. Balanced feedback is constantly invited and shared in all directions. It's a great opportunity to develop professionally. I feel like my work has a positive impact and I feel appreciated. A lot of that has to do with management's philosophy and style, and the attentive, agile, energetic culture they've established. It's also nice to be in a beautiful office with high-end technology, a cornucopia of delicious snacks, and an outstanding benefits package. It's great to be surrounded by wonderful people, working for a company where integrity and camaraderie are as important as excellence.

Cons

Part of the building where our office is located has been under renovation for a while. That should be over by the end of this month, but occasionally the construction sounds can be a little distracting. Still, noise-cancelling headphones take care of that.

Bringing some west-coast tech culture to Philadelphia!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great organization with a fast paced, west coast start-up feel. Highly experienced, open leadership team who are making investments in technology and empowering the tech teams to make big decisions. People are smart and passionate about our work, yet quick to join in for some on the job fun and games. Superstars at all levels establishing a culture that stacks up with the best companies. I really like the bias for action and emphasis on putting customers first. I am most excited about the team we’re building and the ways we are using emerging technologies. When I decided to leave Amazon and Seattle and move back east, I was looking for someplace with a similar work style, that is positioned for growth, and that is using the internet to innovate and disrupt their industry. I am happy to have found it all at Swift.

Cons

With fast growth comes many great initiatives and many great partnership opportunities; we want to do all of them this year.

I keep reminding myself and my team that while we have a lot of hiring to do, we need to keep our bar high and maintain the stellar team we have already built.

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Capital

Worked for Swift Capital? Contribute to the Community!