Swift Transportation

www.swifttrans.com
There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

Steady Consistent Senior Leadership Especially CEO

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

Stability and very large company that overall really takes care of employees and really are implementing groundbreaking changest to ensure employees are happier and to enure become on of the best companies to work for and seeking to become best trucking company

Cons

Large size makes it difficult sometimes to be consistent across the country with policies and procedure
Promotions and advancement made on who you know and best qualified are often not given jobs. Good old boy network need to disappera
Nees to be more diversity with gender and ethic groups in all facets of the company which will allow continued growth. Entire senior management team is composed of good old boy network and one female.

Think outside the box on nontraditional ways to improve workplace balance
Empower employee to redifine jobs and get rid of the old way of hiring and promotions that favor who you know and not ability.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation (View Most Recent)

You put more in than you will ever get out.

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Swift Transportation

Pros

Lasting relationships with some co-workers.
    Great technology and equipment to get the job done. Better than average training programs. Great benefits.

Cons

Promotions are more by the good ole boys system and not merit based. The more capable of performing the more is expected of you with out being compensated for the extra work. Raises, when the company had them were not fairly given out.

Swift is my family, I love my job, am treated well and do my best to treat others the same

Current Employee - Shop
    Current Employee - Shop

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

It has bee my experience that our management team treats everyone professionally and like family. basically our senior management and are young and have fresh ideas as well as a desire to see Swift achive greatness.The folks in those positions are very serious about being the best we can be, that not only means taking care of our customers but our Swift family as well. We have new traing, programs and process's in place that have had a tremoundous effect on how we do things, how we communicate and treat our customers both internal and external.

Cons

We need better communication,
    Not just from mamagement but from all support staff and our drivers. We all need to treat each other with more respect.

Thank you for all you do, please continue looking forward and doing the right things

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation