Swift Transportation
www.swifttrans.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

All ongoing mgmt feedback designed to document any future potential termination

OTR Truck Driver, Dry Van (Former Employee)

ProsSince they are the largest carrier with 40+ terminals I was able to schedule hometime at any terminal site nationwide, and so was able to visit friends and family without the need for travel time and expense from my actual home.

ConsAll property damage incidents are rated equally whether they cost $200 or a more significant cost. Any incident is declared driver-at-fault regardless of the circumstances. 99.9% positive reviews do not matter when it is only the 0.01% mistake issues that determine a driver's fate within the company.

Specifically, I experienced a medical issue while driving (severe muscle spasms lower back) and caused property damage. Completed the run the next day (on time) and was assigned 2 more runs that took me 400 miles further away from home. Only then was I informed of my termination with no assistance offered in returning home, now 1600 miles away... Since I could not rent a car with my only debit card I had to rent a UHaul for a total expense of $1350 including cab, rental fee, gas, lodging, and food. Had I been informed immediately I was very close to family members who would has assisted in a much cheaper option for the journey home...

Advice to Senior ManagementAll levals of mgmt should ride along with their front-line drivers for one or two weeks to experience firsthand the issues their drivers face on a daily basis.

Thankful but im over it

Truck Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros: Cause u need to work somewhere they put me back in a… Cons: Pay tops out at .38cpm Dispatch is moody never can find a mt or… Advice to Senior Management: Have a word with office people to be a lot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall good company to work for.

On Site Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros: Decent culture, higher level of trust than most companies which was nice.… Cons: Very clicky. Sometimes I would see people advance faster than others based… Advice to Senior Management: Management should pay more attention to the guys in the trenches,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Swift Transportation.

Worked for Swift Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swift Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swift Transportation CEO Jerry C. Moyes. All reviews posted anonymously by Swift Transportation employees.