There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

Ok company, good starter company

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pay advance, good experience, hometime varies, trucks vary. Reimbursed tolls/weigh. Pays for truck essentials like oil.

Cons

Starts pay low 25 cents for new inexperienced drivers. Impersonal.. your just a number. Not enough trucks for its employment and high turnover rate in drivers. Miles very from good to bad. Low miles after the holidays

Get more trucks..

113 Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation (View Most Recent)

Thankful but im over it

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

Cause u need to work somewhere they put me back in a truck after taking some time off and started me at top pay

Cons

Pay tops out at .38cpm Dispatch is moody never can find a mt or liad locksTrucks repaired when things start falling off and then your shut down for days

Have a word with office people to be a lot more resPectful to your drivers and pay your drivers more

All ongoing mgmt feedback designed to document any future potential termination

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver, Dry Van
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver, Dry Van

I worked at Swift Transportation

Pros

Since they are the largest carrier with 40+ terminals I was able to schedule hometime at any terminal site nationwide, and so was able to visit friends and family without the need for travel time and expense from my actual home.

Cons

All property damage incidents are rated equally whether they cost $200 or a more significant cost. Any incident is declared driver-at-fault regardless of the circumstances. 99.9% positive reviews do not matter when it is only the 0.01% mistake issues that determine a driver's fate within the company.

Specifically, I experienced a medical issue while driving (severe muscle spasms lower back) and caused property damage. Completed the run the next day (on time) and was assigned 2 more runs that took me 400 miles further away from home. Only then was I informed of my termination with no assistance offered in returning home, now 1600 miles away... Since I could not rent a car with my only debit card I had to rent a UHaul for a total expense of $1350 including cab, rental fee, gas, lodging, and food. Had I been informed immediately I was very close to family members who would has assisted in a much cheaper option for the journey home...

All levals of mgmt should ride along with their front-line drivers for one or two weeks to experience firsthand the issues their drivers face on a daily basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

Worked for Swift Transportation? Contribute to the Community!