There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

The Best in class

Current Employee - Professional Driver
Current Employee - Professional Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So far so good ib dont have any complaints right now. Best in Class

Cons

There trucks are slow, and not enough ho6me time

reviews filtered by

Have to love living in a truck.

Current Employee - Company Driver in New Boston, MI
    Current Employee - Company Driver in New Boston, MI

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Brand new truck, lots of loads for me to get the miles I want, great health benefits, 34cpm running great lakes regional and Canada. I had a great mentor who really wanted to see me succeed in truck driving. My Driver manager is very supportive and proactive in getting me the miles I want and still gets me home to my family regularly.

Cons

Some terminal showers are filthy, the shops don't like to fix your truck the correct way. Some DM's dont care about their drivers and are very rude and arrogant. Working with after hours dispatch in Memphis is like talking to a rock. Drivers lounge looks like a homeless shelter.

Make the terminals look better, the showers could at least have tile in them and look like a pilot or loves shower. Make you Drivers leaders get out and drive OTR once or twice a year to help them understand the challenges we go through daily!! Treat your drivers with the respect they deserve and listen to them.

Working for Swift was the worst decision of my life.

Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Seeing the country. Besides that there's very little benefit to working for a company like this. They don't call Swift the WalMart of trucking for no reason. Stay away.

Cons

You'll learn very quickly that you are there for one reason. Make the suits at Phoenix more money. I understand that's what a business is about but it's not supposed to be at ALL costs. They act like their employees are also their customers. Some of their terminals are like small cities where everything is at truck stop(highly inflated) pricing. And God help you if you're a company driver. Those people REALLY get trashed. They'll make you miserable and constantly try to get you to go with their lease/op program where you guessed it, they'll make even more money off of you. There's a reason they can't keep drivers for more than a couple months. They treat them like garbage. Doesn't matter if you're barely making enougn to eat. Doesn't matter if you get home for a couple days of time off WEEKS late. It's all about their pockets. You expect layover pay when their garbage equipment breaks down? You better expect to have to FIGHT for it. You expect the shop mechanics to know what they're doing? Know now that the majority of them are also trainees. You'll come out of the shop with more problems than you went in with. I won't even get into the constant lying from the DM's, Planners, CSR's and everyone above them. Swift is an absolute joke. Avoid them at ALL costs.

Stop treating your employees like dirt. You say you respect us and then screw us over at every opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation