The Best in class

Current Employee - Professional Driver
Current Employee - Professional Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far so good ib dont have any complaints right now. Best in Class

Cons

There trucks are slow, and not enough ho6me time

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not what you're expecting

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people are friendly, funny, and great co-workers. That's about all I can say for this job...

Cons

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Co-workers are fine (most of them, others are lucky Swift doesn't fire anyone). But, let me tell you that the real culture of this company is that everyone hates their job, they show up for EXACTLY their shift, and when their time is up the BOLT out the door. Seriously... most people are gone by 5, but there are still LINES in the parking lot to get out of here. Nobody cares about doing a good job here, they only care about making it to the weekend. Worst job ever... which sucks, because I like working in big teams, but Swift is NOT a great atmosphere. It's just depressing here.

Advice to Management

This isn't 1970 anymore, read a book that came out within the last decade about why people stay at their jobs. Free coffee isn't the answer... powered creamer sucks anyway! Your "book it and figure it out" mentality is pathetic and everyone in the company despises it.

Have to love living in a truck.

Current Employee - Company Driver in New Boston, MI
    Current Employee - Company Driver in New Boston, MI

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brand new truck, lots of loads for me to get the miles I want, great health benefits, 34cpm running great lakes regional and Canada. I had a great mentor who really wanted to see me succeed in truck driving. My Driver manager is very supportive and proactive in getting me the miles I want and still gets me home to my family regularly.

Cons

Some terminal showers are filthy, the shops don't like to fix your truck the correct way. Some DM's dont care about their drivers and are very rude and arrogant. Working with after hours dispatch in Memphis is like talking to a rock. Drivers lounge looks like a homeless shelter.

Advice to Management

Make the terminals look better, the showers could at least have tile in them and look like a pilot or loves shower. Make you Drivers leaders get out and drive OTR once or twice a year to help them understand the challenges we go through daily!! Treat your drivers with the respect they deserve and listen to them.