Swift Transportation

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

The Best in class

Current Employee - Professional Driver
Current Employee - Professional Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So far so good ib dont have any complaints right now. Best in Class

Cons

There trucks are slow, and not enough ho6me time

138 Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation (View Most Recent)

Not what you're expecting

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most people are friendly, funny, and great co-workers. That's about all I can say for this job...

Cons

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Co-workers are fine (most of them, others are lucky Swift doesn't fire anyone). But, let me tell you that the real culture of this company is that everyone hates their job, they show up for EXACTLY their shift, and when their time is up the BOLT out the door.

Seriously... most people are gone by 5, but there are still LINES in the parking lot to get out of here. Nobody cares about doing a good job here, they only care about making it to the weekend.

Worst job ever... which sucks, because I like working in big teams, but Swift is NOT a great atmosphere. It's just depressing here.

This isn't 1970 anymore, read a book that came out within the last decade about why people stay at their jobs. Free coffee isn't the answer... powered creamer sucks anyway!

Your "book it and figure it out" mentality is pathetic and everyone in the company despises it.

Poor Management in shop

Former Employee - Diesel Technician in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Diesel Technician in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work I was doing.

Cons

Poor management in the shop created difficult work environment and no room for advancement. Swift/Central merge was not smooth and information was not given to employees. Lost over 120+ hours of PTO when I left after 4 years of service. Did not inform employees they would lose their accumulated PTO when they left after the company merged. All hours are paid at straight time (no time and a half for over time hours worked).

Make sure people have opportunity to advance within the company. Identify poor managers in the shop and keep them from holding good employees back from advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation