There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

The Best in class

Current Employee - Professional Driver
Current Employee - Professional Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So far so good ib dont have any complaints right now. Best in Class

Cons

There trucks are slow, and not enough ho6me time

reviews filtered by

Not what you're expecting

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most people are friendly, funny, and great co-workers. That's about all I can say for this job...

Cons

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Co-workers are fine (most of them, others are lucky Swift doesn't fire anyone). But, let me tell you that the real culture of this company is that everyone hates their job, they show up for EXACTLY their shift, and when their time is up the BOLT out the door.

Seriously... most people are gone by 5, but there are still LINES in the parking lot to get out of here. Nobody cares about doing a good job here, they only care about making it to the weekend.

Worst job ever... which sucks, because I like working in big teams, but Swift is NOT a great atmosphere. It's just depressing here.

Advice to Management

This isn't 1970 anymore, read a book that came out within the last decade about why people stay at their jobs. Free coffee isn't the answer... powered creamer sucks anyway!

Your "book it and figure it out" mentality is pathetic and everyone in the company despises it.

Working for Swift was the worst decision of my life.

Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Seeing the country. Besides that there's very little benefit to working for a company like this. They don't call Swift the WalMart of trucking for no reason. Stay away.

Cons

You'll learn very quickly that you are there for one reason. Make the suits at Phoenix more money. I understand that's what a business is about but it's not supposed to be at ALL costs. They act like their employees are also their customers. Some of their terminals are like small cities where everything is at truck stop(highly inflated) pricing. And God help you if you're a company driver. Those people REALLY get trashed. They'll make you miserable and constantly try to get you to go with their lease/op program where you guessed it, they'll make even more money off of you. There's a reason they can't keep drivers for more than a couple months. They treat them like garbage. Doesn't matter if you're barely making enougn to eat. Doesn't matter if you get home for a couple days of time off WEEKS late. It's all about their pockets. You expect layover pay when their garbage equipment breaks down? You better expect to have to FIGHT for it. You expect the shop mechanics to know what they're doing? Know now that the majority of them are also trainees. You'll come out of the shop with more problems than you went in with. I won't even get into the constant lying from the DM's, Planners, CSR's and everyone above them. Swift is an absolute joke. Avoid them at ALL costs.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like dirt. You say you respect us and then screw us over at every opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation