There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

My time at Swift was horrible, who can survive on $500 bucks a week, total bs.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sumner, WA
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sumner, WA

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ha ha, jokes on you, there aren't any good things things about Swift, I guess it beats being homeless because your truck gives you a place to sleep.

Cons

Everyday is a challenge, getting fuel, not going over 62 mph, or sitting around for days(4) to be exact and that wasn't because of a 34 hour restart, driver managers unhelpful, it sucked.

The idea that you save money by not paying Drivers what they are worth is foolish, and that's why Swift has such a high turnover rate, unacceptable for a company that makes as much money as Swift does but oh well, hey maybe they'll get the idea when the ceo has to jump in a truck.

118 Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation (View Most Recent)

OTR burnout.

I worked at Swift Transportation

Pros

Had 4 great driver mngrs. Was highly recognized as a 8 yr safe driver. Got plenty of hometime. Was treated well.

Cons

No room for salary growth. 8 yrs later cpm was still at 42cpm. Highest yearly salary I made was 47,000. I left in 2010 and am now employed by MEDLINE as a driver. Home daily, off wknds,holidays with pay.10 vac days after 90dsys in service. All kinds of bonuses. And awesome place to work. My 1'st yr I grossed 64,000. Far outpacing swift. Easy work delivering to hospitals using an electric jack. Extremely friendly coworkers and best boss hands down. I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!! Love being home everyday.

Restructure pay. OTR driving is grueling and creates lots of loneliness and underpay doesn't help.

Best job I've ever had

Former Employee - Driver Leader II
    Former Employee - Driver Leader II

I worked at Swift Transportation part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced work makes the day pass quickly. Company policies encourage advancement. Since I been with Swift have received several promotions, annual raises, and bonuses.

Cons

High turn-over with the drivers, pathetic training for office employees, still uses AS400, and at times it is very difficult to contact people in other parts of the company.

Start making training manuals for ECT'S, Planners, and Driver Leaders!

There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation