Swinerton Builders
www.swinerton.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

A Good Employee Owned Company

ProsGood people. Not rigid. Experienced construction company. Integrity. Most construction companies require long hours. I don't mind it so much with this company because I am trusted and not micro'd. They are not a hire/ fire company. They invest in their people.

ConsSome upper management do not communicate well. Lack of advancement. Some good people leave because of lack of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Integrity and Honesty as job # 1. Keep evolving quality control. Invest and manage it carefully. Swinerton builds quality buildings, but keep this the highest priority.

Within the construction industry, one of the better companies to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Swinerton Builders

Pros: Great benefits, specifically profit sharing and vacation time. Compared… Cons: As with other contractors, work often takes precedence over family. The overall work-life balance is not… Advice to Senior Management: Communication from Uppermanagment through middle management to general level of employees was poor. Annual performance reviews were often ignored. The division annual review… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

To much nepitisem .Back stabbing and passing blame down from project managers to works

Construction Superintendent (Former Employee)

I worked at Swinerton Builders

Pros: There a very large company and been around for 100… Cons: The Chevron account in San Ramon is all run by a family and if you catch on to there methods the pm… Advice to Senior Management: Dont let PM,S families be the book keepers on there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Swinerton Builders.

Worked for Swinerton Builders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swinerton Builders reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swinerton Builders CEO Mike Re. All reviews posted anonymously by Swinerton Builders employees.