Swinerton Builders

www.swinerton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Swinerton Builders

A great advocate for Green technology

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Swinerton Builders

Pros

Employee owned and top notch builder. They really try to do the right thing when it comes to their projects.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth. Management was very hesitate to advance marketing and the brand. Budgets were often a battle.

Please continue to support and educate the green building market with opportunities for employees and by growing the marketing department.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Swinerton Builders (View Most Recent)

Swinerton Builders is a good construction company with lots of diverse projects.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Swinerton Builders

Pros

Swinerton Builders is a large construction company with diverse spread of projects throughout the California area. They have good managers and superintendents for mentoring and also are active with training of their younger staff with monthly meetings and planned jobsite visits to help with the growth and continued education and training of their staff at all levels.

Cons

Jobs were not close to home for me and there was no travel reimbursement. Sometimes long hours on the job, but I guess some of that is expected with this industry.

My specific project manager was not in touch with their staff enough...I would suggest a more open door policy and maybe some team building exercises.

Got to thinking too much about old job .

Former Employee - Construction Superintendent in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Construction Superintendent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Swinerton Builders

Pros

very good at keep people employed. i loved my job when everyone was working as a team.

Cons

contracts not being complete and materials not bought out so i could push the job from the start. PM's not pulling their, weight at one job, and the under mining you in the field with subs and their egos at the next site.Making deals you new nothing about then ,placing blame on someone else in a meeting in front of subs!

Have the PM with his ducks in a row so the super could do his job more efficient.more one on one talks with upper management about what direction Sb was heading and voicing your insights in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Swinerton Builders