There are newer employer reviews for Swiss Post

neutral - wold not recommend to friends

Former Employee - Marketing Management in Zürich (Switzerland)
Former Employee - Marketing Management in Zürich (Switzerland)

I worked at Swiss Post full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

international, work-life-balance, salaries, new CEO (from September 2012)

Cons

senior management, HR functions seem to be modern - but are not at all

work stronger on internal transparency and respect

reviews filtered by

Very Bothersome

I have been working at Swiss Post

Pros

I guess the pay is fair but I can't think of a single other reason to work here over anywhere else.

Cons

Show up early, stay late, wear a suit you can't afford, and never take any time off. As long as you do these things you can be horrible at your job and they'll give you presents! They say they care about the clients, but client requests and feedback are treated as an affront. For a staffing company they have trouble keeping track of even the basics like location, schedule, and emergency contact information. I have to call a phone line and clock with a web site when I come in and leave everyday because they think people will con them. To call out sick I have to leave a message on 4 numbers - none of which are HR. Call out the day before though as they can't get a temp in quickly, even though they have an agreement with a local temp company. God forbid you get sick at work, then they just don't know what to do with themselves. It's cheaper to be uninsured than to use their "benfits package". Try finding out how many days off you have or have used or even what holidays are honored. I usually have to tell THEM. Everyone has vague titles. I have no clue as to what my "bosses" actually do and because they are off-site they have no clue what I do. Assignments are unformated and vague. They want cheerleaders for SPS but give you nothing to cheer for. I LOVE working at the office I am out-sourced to, and they adore me, but I hate working for SPS-US.

Don't treat SPS-US like SPS Euro. Organize your management team. Don't treat employees like moronic leaches trying to feed off of you. Recognize talent and be willing to encourage it.

2. Not very pleasant

I have been working at Swiss Post

Pros

Managers and executives work as a team

Cons

Senior management got NO management background and qualification

Be more caring to the employee

There are newer employer reviews for Swiss Post