Good place to do not terribly exciting work!

Current Employee - Technical Assistant  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Technical Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Swiss Re

Pros

Great building to work in! Atmosphere is relaxed and fun, many of the staff have been working there for 10+ years, so staff turnover is fairly low. My department was relaxed with no strict requirements regarding clothes, though the customer facing departments are obviously more strict in this regard. Lots of places to get lunch nearby and management did not seem strict regarding timing of lunch breaks, which was good!

Cons

Well, I found some of the work itself boring, and the company doesn't exactly have the most exciting goals or buisness. Consolidation in the industry means more potential job losses soon - recently part of a couple of mergers which is never fun for anyone involved.

Provide a canteen!

Other Reviews for Swiss Re

Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at Swiss Re full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Good salary and benefit. Work life balance mostly OK. Global exposure is a plus, people moves around within the company, lots of internal opportunities.

Cons

Suffered from 2008 financial crisis, business affected by industry cycles. Constant change in directions, lots of reorganization and frequent change in management in recent years.

Overall a positive experience

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Armonk, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Armonk, NY

I have been working at Swiss Re full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is generally generous with respect to compensation, bonuses, retirement plans and work/life balance.

Cons

Heath care keeps going up as I'm sure is happening in other companies. I'm not sure the new high deductible plan is good for employees.

It seems that is you are not a Swiss man living in Zurich opportunities for senior positions are much rarer to come by. While I have seen some change in this recently, more work needs to be done.

There are newer employer reviews for Swiss Re.

Worked for Swiss Re? Contribute to the Community!